Strange transient pains all over body?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm an eighteen year old female, and I'm 4'11" or 149 cm tall. I weigh about 81 lbs or 36.7 kg. I never had a growth spurt-I've a tendency to develop things later than other people my age. For instance, my 12-year molars came in when I was sixteen and a half. 

Recently I've noticed weird pain throughout my body. Naturally having had no growth spurt, I don't know what growing pains feel like. The pains I have sort of feel like needle pokes, just one little jab at a random part of my body. Today they got worse-the hypothetical needles started pressing further in and the pain is either hot or cold, and it lasts longer than a second like it used to. 

I have severe anxiety, so naturally I've convinced myself I have gangrene or some other fungus that's going to kill me. My father once told me a story of a friend he had that went to the doctor once after a heroin addiction and they told him he was infested with gangrene and had six hours left to live, and ever since I've been petrified of it. 

I've had lots of blood and urine tests in the past and none of them have shown anything wrong with me, so I'm convincing myself I'm on death's door despite pretty solid evidence suggesting otherwise.

Is there a chance that I'm just having a very late growth spell? I'd like to formulate a less deadly hypothesis for the poking pain.

(Copy-pasted to multiple groups as I'm unsure where to put this)

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

No I heard stress can cause shooting pains all over your body. I get this poking needle sensations too. It's random everywhere. Doctors would of told you otherwise. You developed a fear since your father told you. 💖🙏Hot and cold? I don't have that but vitamin d deficiency can cause pain in your body too. 

• Posted

It can't be a growth spurt. Females stop growing at age 18. It's stress or you're deficient in a vitamin. When I had these pains I came off low on vitamin d. Doctor told me to take Vitamin D3 Supplements. 💕

• Posted

Gangrene isn’t a fungal infection. Its necrotic tissues, usually due to infarction.

You’ve probably got idiopathic musculoskeletal pain. 

As others have said vitamin D deficiency can sometimes be the cause of this. This is more likely if you’re a darker complexion.

Are you double jointed?

Any rashes anywhere?

• Posted

No to both. However where I live vitamin D deficiency is exceedingly common because there's not a lot of sunlight here, so I do suppose that's the most likely culprit

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.