Strange visual disturbance.

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the last three days i have had a strange zigzag/twirl coming on and off in my right eye in the lower left side. I get it for around 30 seconds, then it comes/goes, and its like that day and night. if i look to the right with my right eye, i feel that i have a slight blind spot.

I am short sighted and i have suffered from migraine with aura since i was a teenager. The pattern i see in my eye, looks like an aura, but since its been 3 days now im guessing this isnt migraine related.

Any ideas what could be wrong? I am so anxious that something is terribly wrong.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Please see a doctor. Your eyes are to precious to get guesstaments.

• Posted

Not looking for a guesstimate but thought maybe somebody out there had suffered the same thing and could give me some advice. I am extremely anxious and worried and am just seeking an answer. The optician didnt have any answers, hopefully the doctor can help me. Paracetamol and codeine have done nothing, nor has the back and neck massages. Ive tried a heat pad, relaxing in a dark room. but nothing has worked.

I can see the zigzagging in the bottom of my eye, but it doesnt affect the vision, i can still read words clearly, but have this swirling coming and going in the bottom of the eye. When i get migraine with aura, it affects my vision, i get blind spots or total zigzagging in one eye, so thats why i dont think this is a migraine.

Massaging my neck myself, i noticed that pressure made the zigzagging worse. As does going from dark to light.

• Posted

I am so sorry you haveft to deal with this. Im sure we all want to help you but our expertise is limited. Im hoping you find an answer, I to am dealing with similar issues.

• Posted

Have you found any answers to your problem? My doctor is sending me to see a neurologist on monday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.