Strangeness of diverticulitis

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all

I just wanted to post this after having had my colonoscopy last Thursday in the hope that it might help, I was told three years ago that I had diverticilar pouches on my colon, after that colonoscopy, all the pain settled down, then at start of May this year I developed severe pain in my lower back, rectum, legs, hips and lower stomach, not left sided, I got very worried as it was there 24/7, my GP said it was a flare of diverticulitis again after three years, so eventually got me in for colonoscopy last Thursday, after which surgeon said all was fine, no infection, or inflammation, now all the pain I had everywhere is gone again so it seems when my colon is totally cleaned out from prep, all pain goes away, maybe there was inflammation in there that they couldn't see, so if anyone is really scared or worried and has same type pain I hope my experience helps. Good health to us all.

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Kate, thanks so much for sharing,  after Feeling better on antibiotics I am still suffering with back/ hip and lower left quadrant  pain that puts pressure on my bladder.   I don’t have the same gas and cramped but more like pressure.    Waiting for another colonoscopy.  Last one 13 yrs ago was all clear.   So will see what this one shows.  Maybe I should try to get my Colon cleared out before.  I had to go int to e.r this week and dr stock X-ray and said that my bowels are backed up.  Who knows maybe that’s adding to the pain?? Thanks again 
    • Posted

Hi Elaine

I think being constipated with diverticulitis would be definitely cause pain as all doctors seem to advise taking fibogel to keep bowels cleaned out

• Posted

Kate, yes I agree... I thought I was regular but I will have to get more soluble finer to see if I can’t  move more    So much funwink
    • Posted

I am irregular I go between constpation and then diarrhea, so uncomfortable I do Metamucil daily . Now with the SIBO the diet is strict and no carbs or high fiber. So frustrating. They told me not to change diet till done with antibiotics which I will start tomorrow ugh, and see dietitian. I’m so over being sick. Hope you are feeling better today and keeping anxiety low. My prayers are with you daily and praying you get all good results this coming week, keep me posted. 🙏🤗🌺🌸

• Posted

I've been on the antibiotics again,   most of my llq pain is gone and i'm on a very bland diet, but i seem to be getting more "pressure" on my bladder.  i've had this before and it usually leaves once i'm on the anti's but not this time.   It makes me feel like i have to go pee but nothing there.   In the ER they checked and no bladder infection.

Anyone having this problem connected with DD???

• Posted

I personally never had that issue with my DD, I do feel pressure on bladder but no trouble with urinating. Drink more water and try cranberry juice. I’m going back on antibiotics for the SIBO, scared cuz antibiotics make me feel worse. Hope you get relief and feel better soon. 🤗🙏

• Posted

yes more and more water,  i have to do that.   hope the anti's arent too bad this time for you.  This is my first time on the flagel ( here in Canada thats whats its called) . before I just had Cipro and it cleared with that,  guess this time its being stubborn.....   I have to check into what SIBO is....

• Posted

Hi flagel and cipro is the combination that has worked for me after last dose it takes about 5 days to completely exit your body Best Wishes to a swift recovery!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.