Streak of blood in stool

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I'm a Male - 27. I've had episodes of constipation during my entire life...but things used to get resolved quickly.

For the last 2 year (2015-2016) My constipation has been slightly alleviated, which could be the possible result of a bad diet and Alcoholic tendencies. I've had a period of time(weeks) where I was severely constipated, but than it improved with diet changes. During this period I have had pencil like stools, or whateva you name it.

Moving on to July 2016, I started taking Fiber supplement, and completely reduced/cut-off alcohol.  My over all BM improved, and than comes November 2016, I see some streak of light red blood in my stool. I initially ignored it as Anal Fissue. I saw my GP and told her the whole story, and she wasn't concerned about it.

Moving on to April - May - June 2017, I've had days where I have seen similar spots/streak of light red blood in my stool. I might have seen some while coating on stool. No blood dripping in to the toiler, or toilet paper. 

During this entire period, I've had days where my farts are very smelly, and I fart too much, with some itching/burning (very minimal)

I've had my self checked for Hemarroids yesterday, and there was nothing. She has referred to me for a Sigmoid. 

- No pain

- Had days of bloating/gases (Not usually)

Any possible common symptoms? 

I'm freaking out in regards to sigmoid. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry, have it seen to now rather than later! It's seldom as bad as you think! The important thing is to have any blood loss investigated! Try to relax, drink plenty water, get some exercise and eat healthily! I wait to hear how you get on! Good luck!

• Posted

I wonder if it has anything to do with drinking. Sometimes that makes things works and causes inflammation.

I wouldn't worry. It's so easy to drive yourself crazy with this stuff.

I noticed all of my symptoms were alleviated quite a bit when I started eating plant based, super high fiber (mostly fruits and veggies). Ty switching your diet around and have a few days of super high fiber (from fruit and veggies) and see if it impacts you positively.

• Posted

Sigmoidoscopy done! 

No problem at all. Internal Hemmaroids Only. smile 

So far so good! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.