Strep throat and coughing?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey so as the title suggests, Tuesday night i started getting pretty bad chills and tremors (fever was probably coming on) then Wednesday my fever got up to 102.7, I Bought Motrin and Tylenol and started the rotation and its done a good job of keeping my temp under 100 thankfully. i finally went to the doctor Thursday morning thinking i have the flu (had decent body aches, headaches, little bit of sore throat, etc) Flu test actually came back negative however i didnt even think to look at my mouth because my throat wasnt all that sore and the Dr. did. He called out strep even without a test due to the redness and white spots and also a minor ear infection. I started Amoxicilin that day (3/7/19) but i also have developed this cough. A lot of things ive read have said coughing shouldnt happen with strep but my throat is so irritated that i have no choice to cough. What do you guys think? thank you!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.