Stress ?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Can stress bring on a flare up ?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes. Definitely. I think that is what started mine.
  • Posted

Yes. I know it is what started mine several days ago. Could not be food because all I was eating was potatoes.
  • Posted

Almost anything can bring it on. A bumpy car ride did it once for me and I would think that stress makes itself fely all over the body. Don't forget the brain and the gut are very closely interconnected.

• Posted

Yes definitely. I was disgnosed 5 yrs ago and only had a few flares. Recently with one thing and another felt really stressed out and had a flare up. I also had a cold sore which I only ever get when I feel down so I know it was certainly stress related. 
  • Posted

Absolutely gloria I hope you get to feeling better It is so hard to remove stress from your life You can manage food but stress just happens Keep a close eye on other symptoms so you have a better chance of preventing a full flare up 🎈

• Posted

Absolutely! I am in the middle of a flair again due to stress. I recently started to feel better but the things happened in my life causing my tummy to flair again. Now I dont want to eat, move, I'm constipated and just feel crummy. Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

I am convinced now that it can. But, everyone, does a flare up have to be painful to be classed as ‘a flare up’? We recently decided to try a little break in our touring caravan, (after two years not daring to risk it). At aged 76 the preparation and setting up was very stressful, plus, I’d been worried about how the caravan toilet would cope. Two hours after our arrival at the campsite I had to rush to the toilet. By evening we decided I had to go home, and since then I’ve had six days of liquids only....and diarrhoea! However the pains have not been horrific, and I haven’t had much of a temperature, certainly no symptoms to warrant anti biotics (which would make me ill anyway). Would you think it’s a flare? It certainly isn’t a bug.......
  • Posted

A flare up as you term up need not neccasarily be painful. Some times I am ill with pain. But I am more usually not ill but in pain. 1 year I got through 500 Tylenol (paracetamol) in UK. So you have to learn how your condition effects you and what to do about it. Everybody seems to be different. On diet I avoid bran but am ok on plant of green veg.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.