stress and AF

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well I think I can definitely say that anxiety and stress are two of my triggers. A relative's care package brokedown yesterday and the powers that be were as obstructive and unhelpful as only they can be - I was left floundering with nowhere to turn to resolve it - raised blood pressure followed by a night of no sleep (Im a worrier) with my heart "not feeling right" you guys know what I mean.  I have been doing so well symptom free for a number of months watching and avoiding my other triggers carefully but how do you avoid this one - walking away is not an option.  Two steps forward today but still got at least a week before situation is even part way resolved - anyone got any relaxation tips or how to switch off from constantly going over and over the issues and who said what to who?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yeah lots of us have been there Sylvester and can certainly relate to 'not feeling quite right' so I'm very sorry to hear of your troubles and hope things will sort themselves out soon. I'm keeping well now on Flecainide/Bisoprolol tablets but I agree that anxiety is to be avoided at all costs as it can trigger some horrible symptoms.   There's lots of techniques  you can learn to help you switch off and keep yourself calm, you just have to find one to suit you but it's not easy with your blood pressure going through the roof when things get too much. Life, at times is full of troughs and peaks....good luck with this one.

jess

• Posted

Thank you even knowing there is someone out there listening helps
  • Posted

With limited success i have used mindfulnesss techniques, they helped... but only that. I can only sympathise and hope both you and the person you support get back on track to a more trouble free life very shortly, wish i could offer more or do more... but i am also in a bit of a deep dark valley at present.
    • Posted

Hi Andrew I'm so sorry you are having a bad time just know but just knowing that there is someone who would take the time to get back to me even with what is going on in their life does make me feel very grateful. I will check out your suggestion.
    • Posted

I found the mindfullness for dummies set quite good in explaining... the work book, the at work and mindfulness... in terms of local authority support, be very quick in saying and writing the words, i am making a formal complaint reason is all public bodies have to respond to formal complaints, it may help speed up the process of assistance.... if the ysay you cant do that, oh yes you can if they act in denial ask fo the ombudsmand details as with finance by law the yhave to give... often this will help resolve things offer them the chance ot review and you will call back in an hour or two dent wait for their call backs and if they try reasonable length of time to resolve you can say the urgency of the situation menas that there is a short time of allowing to resolve, reasonable is situation dependent. at all times always though keep a smile in your head because if you start shouting  they can claim they are being bullied.........remeber they are also under intolerable pressure to achieve the impossible with no money very few staff (certainly not enough) and they do care about what they do but  they are not able to or allowed to do as much as the ywant or need to do. I know of a local authority that has its adult social care budget 11mill in debt and all it has done is maintain its level of care for the very dependent... you can imagine how staff feel....we and they may well have the view that care needs are paramount, central government can only see or care about the books being balanced
    • Posted

Thank you Andrew - I have got the GP  involved and hopefully after this weekend things will improve - not holding my breath but feeling a bit more hopeful.  In this case the problem is one manager organised something which worked but which was not strictly in their guidelines (I didnt know this) - another manager found out and pulled the plug - no warning no time to get anything else in place and basically told me it wasnt their problem. I have been trying to plug the gap myself but wiith limited success but as I said hopefully the GP has come up with a partial answer - time will tell. Thank you again I will try your suggestion re mindfulness.
  • Posted

If you are on Flecanide and Bisoprolol then as soon as you start to feel unwell take the maximum dose (ask your doctor what that is for you) and that should keep it contained. Stress is my trigger. It started off big things like you then ended up that just watching my two girls finish a half marathon started one off! I have delved into why I get them through stress and have pinpointed the reason but knowing it doesn't stop them happening unfortunately. I do yoga breathing and that sometimes helps. good luck.
  • Posted

Hi Sylvester: without sounding too wierd, I think we should remember that there is a natural technique that can control Blood Pressure and afib (doesn't work all the time but it DOES WORK some of the time) Yoga breathing... because it affects the vagus nerve.  Read about it on Google.  Try doing it... it's free.... CD

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.