Stress and anxiety is killing me

Posted , 5 users are following.

This post is not actually about me but about mom. Me and my family is from India. My mom has been suffering from mental health from around 4 months. My parents have two children. My mom's age is 38 years. The problem started when my mom started worry a lot about the us (me and my brother). I don't know why she started to think that if she's gonna die before our we get settled then what will happen to our us. She used to cook food for hours in the kitchen checking each and every plate properly that it is clean and safe and then only serve us the food. My father was annoyed by this and every other day my mom and my dad used to argue and fight. My mom is of sensitive nature she's not of a kind who argue. Our family has always been living in a remote area and thus my mom has always been alone (no friends). But the real problem hasn't started. From last month my mom is having back pain, hairfall, and depression and anxiety. She thinks that she will not live anymore and cries. She feel very negative and is under confident. She doesn't even get proper sleep because of this stress. When this got serious my father took my mom to a physician. He gave my mom some medicines basically for sleep disorders and stress relief. But from a couple of weeks my mom is not getting proper sleep, though she's taking sleep pills. The physician has told to get my mom hospitalized. But my father has disagreed because he thinks that all these problems are just because of stress and anxiety. But i am not sure about it as the doctor has told to hospitalise her for 22 days so maybe it's a serious issue. That's why i am asking you guys if this is okay and what's the problem with my mom?

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

To totally understand the situation I have to ask, whereabouts do you live, do you have to pay for medical care, does your GP think she needs to be hospitalised for a physical illness or for the mental health issues.
    • Posted

We live in a remote area basically a developing village. Yes we have to pay for the medical care.
    • Posted

Really sorry dimon I'm not really sure I can help as I'm in UK where thankfully we have excellent care for both medical and mental health issues.

If your not able to get your mum some medical help then due to cost maybe she needs to talk to an older family member.

Your dad possibly needs to be more understanding of her feelings as well.

• Posted

It is not like that we don't have medical facilities and have financial issues but I don't know why my father is not admitting my mother in the hospital.

• Posted

Stress is the major problem. Most of the people take stress and tension. so i suggest you to visit All Asia medical institute and get best treatment without facing any problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.