Stress and IBS

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey,

I think most of my IBS comes from stress! Now I know having less stress can help! But that is not always possible when I have a poorly child and we have to have regular hospital visits 😞

Does anyone have any tips on how to cope with stress related IBS? I've been trying deep breathing and meditating, just wondered if any one has any ideas!

Many thanks

Jo.xx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I distract myself with writing humourous poems to satirise the thing that has caused me stress.
    • Posted

Hello Pippa, thanks for your idea,Eek anything creative wise is not my forte! But I'll give it a go, making a positive out of a negative has to be good yeah!?

Many thanks

Jo

• Posted

I know stress is a strong trigger for IBS , so they say, in which case

Mine wail probably never get better. I have severe stressors constantly

since I have severe depression/anxiety and dysthymia. Some days are

worse than others. Positive out of negative is our news mantra. Mindfulness and CBT.

Basically it's like living in hell.

I just begged my husband to give me 2 big dose canal to get through this day + a wonderful ice

this day cream cone.

• Posted

I am a writer and I go to writing groups. I also listen to music which I also find relaxing.. I used to be more negative but now I am trying to be more of an optimist since this helps my IBS.
  • Posted

I walk but I also have the time, which you may not

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.