Stress and stomach issues

Posted , 4 users are following.

My stomach hurts constantly and I am always stress and anxiety. Can stress cause stomach problems?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Stress can cause stomach problems such as IBS.   Anxiety can also cause upper GI disturbance such as acid reflux. The brain and the gut are linked.  If your pain has gone on for longer than a week, see your doctor.
    • Posted

If you have had these symptoms for this long, definitely see your doctor.
  • Posted

Believe me ! Stress can affect everything from your toenails to the hair on your head and everything in between. Stress and anxiety can start you on a merry go round and cause real physical problems.
  • Posted

Believe me ! Stress can affect everything from your toenails to the hair on your head and everything in between. Stress and anxiety can start you on a merry go round and cause real physical problems.
    • Posted

I have really bad anxiety attacks almost daily. And my stress is through the roof.
    • Posted

Best thing is to try to get it all under control. Easier said than done though. My problems all started with stress and I didn't address it when I shouldve. Stress messes up your thinking whitch just makes everything else worse. Then anxiety takes over and causes it's own set of problems. A lot of medical problems that don't really have answers to start with stress . All I'm trying to say , I guess , is get checked out by a physician , but for you own sake , try to get the stress and anxiety down.

• Posted

Thank you. I've been dealing with stress for 11 years now. I am also a stay at homeom of 7

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.