Stress and Tummy issues .

Posted , 4 users are following.

Please can anyone help .I am post menopause and early 60s and have suffered with health Anxiety for many years .In the last few weeks I have had a funny tummy very windy and bloated most days x It makes lots of noise and can be upset at times .I am over thinking it all and spend hours trawling the internet for answers and reassurance and I am driving myself mad . The only time I am not thinking about it when I listen to a. app or I am asleep .I feel low tearful and so on the edge .😥 I take a antidepressant each day and have started this week to take B6 and magnesium and a vit D. hoping it helps .I also take One D Manrose pill everyday to help ward off Uti which I have on and off . I really feel like I have hit a brick wall and don't know what to do .I feel trapped in my own head . Any advice would be good .I did suffer with IBs many years ago but not for along long time . I had full blood count done last year and blood test. C125 all was good then thank God .Thank you ladies x

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

hello yes me, had bloating, no appetite, nausea, gassy, gurgling tummy since June also had a blood test cb125 & internal exam of overies & all fine. im constantly on edge worrying that something is really wrong but apparently its all hormones but can it really make us feel this ill my doc said ive prob got ibs caused by stress & anxiety but its a vicious circle ive lost weight & struggling to put it back on at the moment some days i can hardly get out of bed & just want to cry sending a hug xx

• Edited

Thank u for your reply isn't this so terrible .I too feel so on the edge tearful all the time and feel so lonely with my never ending thoughts .I always think the worst .I am so upside down and thought it would get better post menopause but sadly no .The trouble is the more I think about my tummy the worse it gets x Can get so panicky at times I scare myself .I look at some women my age and they are full of life I wish this was me instead of always worrying about my health and illness .Take care so nice to talk to you about this and you understand .

• Posted

lonely in my thoughts too, i always think the worse. i have a wonderful husband & 3 children but they will never understand how i really feel even though i try to explain they dont know what goes on inside my head. im sat now trying to eat an apple & my back is burning like crazy another symptom to add you take care hopefully one day will be s good day x

• Edited

Ah bless you I feel your pain it's awful .I have a good Husband and daughter but they are not like me at all and find it so hard to understand this nightmare we live with day to day .I wish I could switch this off in my head and get on with living a stress free happy life .Take care we will try and get through this somehow .xxx

• Edited

hello wen

iv not posted much this year but do read many posts. i am 58yrs and postmeno by 5yrs. i can relate to your symptoms and want to reassure you your not alone and try not to get anxious. iv had IBS on and off since i was 25 but the menopause has brought it back, i have just the same symptoms as you and more and unfortunately im an overthinker and i will go over and over things all day so im my own worse enemy.

i started in peri about 9yrs ago and went through the most horrendous time which has left me with anxiety and im now half the person i used to be. i find it strange how some women like my sister and friends just sail through it without noticing and yet the likes of so many of us are complete wrecks. its odd what diminishing hormones can do to us. unfortunately i couldn't take HRT to help me. Are you on them ?

my stomachs ok in the mornings then gets worse through the day until by evening i have to unzip my trousers as im so bloated, anything i eat seems to irritate it and the nausea is just getting me down, i can only suck so many mints a day.

i hope your feeling much better soon but don't be worrying because that effects are stomach.

sending you a comforting hug x

• Posted

Thank you for your reply .Its a living hell isn't it and as you say some sail through it .It really helps knowing we are not alone .I never took HRT as I was worried about side effects .Like you I am half the woman I was once .Stay strong and thank you again for your support xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.