Stress/Anxiety or Do i really have pre-diabetes/high blood sugar?

Posted , 2 users are following.

****So recently, my Mom's dog was diagnosed with Diabetes and it kinda triggered me a little bit since i also had an anxiety phase with diabetes around late 2020 like me getting hungry a bit quickly like probably 2-3 hours after eating a meal, sometimes i would also feel some shortness of breath, my body gets easily strained especially when I'm lifting something because of household chores or whatever, i could also experience some dryness inside of my mouth and tbh with y'all, i'm kind of starting to feel those symptoms again. That is why i started to reduce eating huge amounts of food especially sweets because for the past few months, i've been eating a lot of sweet foods sometimes and there will be days where i do eat a lot too. started to reduce the amounts of sugar that i will take around 2 days ago and i also used our stationary bike during the same day. I'll continue on doing this for the next 2 weeks or more where i would lessen the amount of meals that i eat usually or even when it comes to sweets and foods rich in carbs. of course, eating rice everyday will be inevitable but atleast i'm not a rice lover nor do i eat a lot of rice on one eating hour (and I'm Asian btw lol) so yeah i still don't know if this is already related on my blood sugar or if its my anxiety AGAIN trying to mimick the symptoms of high blood sugar. not quite sure yet because nowadays and most of the time, i don't feel these sensations anymore but it all kinda started to come back a few days ago.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hyperglycemia or high blood sugar doesn’t usually cause symptoms unless the blood sugar is significantly elevated.

With low blood sugar symptoms appear quickly.

you could be overthinking this but if you want to be sure go get a blood test at your doctors office to determine your blood sugar level.

that way you can be sure that you don’t have diabetes.

there’s nothing worse than sitting around wondering and worrying. I’d rather just go get checked out and get it over with. Chances are you are absolutely fine. Remember people get all kinds of sensations most of which are nothing to be concerned about. Take care

• Posted

Yeah, i also have a bit of a blurry vision but its more likely of me having asthenopia instead since i also have doubled visions and increased sensitivity with natural light. also, i don't usually feel those symptoms as well and about the part of me doing a blood test, i might not do it for now and instead, i'll be just reducing the amount of foods that i usually eat especially with the ones that are rich in sugar and carbohydrates. and when i will some wounds, it heals... not that fast but not slow, it depends on the wound's size i guess. if its a scratch, it'll be gone for atleast 2 days and back then at around late 2020, when i had an accident causing it for me to have a wound on my knee, the wounds weren't fully healed yet after 5 days but the pain drastically stopped at around day 3 though but it healed on a usual amount of time i guess.

• Posted

*a scratch from like an animal usually from the dogs here in our household xd

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.