Stress fracture

Posted , 5 users are following.

I feel like a poser here, but does anyone have a stress fracture? Tibia. It's been quite a few weeks - 7 weeks since diagnosis. 10 weeks since I noticed a problem - no trauma. ( yeah I was probably walking on injured leg ). Healing, but slow.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sorry, gal with broken ankle responding here, but my husband will jump on ur band wagon about ur ankle injury. Playing sports, he sprained his enough and continues to have some complaints to this day. He's now 62.

Same advise as to anyone else, follow directions, RICE may help (rest, ice, compression, elevation), if pain gets significantly worse check in with doc, and always know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Best wishes!

• Posted

P.S. Told hubby about ur post. He agreed stress fx are very painful. He also said that he continued to reinjure his ankles back in the day when he would compensate for "bad" with "good" ankle. Something we all can learn from. Another lesson from him is that others minimize injuries and expect full functioning when we should not be acting as if we are fully functioning. He had a basketball coach who had him running up and down the court on his sprained ankle because it was taped up! Listen to ur body. That's what pain is for. ; )

• Posted

Hey julie

How long ago was it when you had your surgery? I also broke my ankle it is a long healing process im only on my 5th weak its driving me crazy..i dont have alot of pain take it easy

• Posted

No surgery. Its not broken. That's why I feel different from you all. Glad you are not in too much pain. Sitting around is hard. I was diagnosed about 7 weeks ago.

• Posted

so sorry for your injury.  Our son is a runner and has been for 20 years- he has had a stress fx and will agree about how painful they are.  So no "posin" here- when you hurt it is hard to think of much else.  For our son, he went to the orthoped and was told RICE- same advice as from Dana.  It was really difficult - and  a long process but he has not had any issues since then and runs 10 miles 6 days a week.  

So- hang in and it will get better!  

• Posted

Hey! Great to hear he has gotten back into it so well. Thanks for your well wishes.
  • Posted

No posing!! It feels good to reach out and talk to people who are going through similar things. I've heard stress fractures can be very painful! Listen to the doctor and listen to your body and don't push it

• Posted

Well thank you! That's right, we have to share.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.