Stress Fractures?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Having extreme pains in the tops of my feet over the third toes bones and at my ankles. Doctor said just tendons and stuff were inflamed but I'm honestly wondering if I have stress fractures. Recently had a lot of walking after being sedinatary following a recent hospital stay, now they are swollen and hurting. I even hear them crack or click sometimes. Any ideas?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Xrays??  Follow the RICE protocol for swelling and pain.  Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.  Also follow your doctors advice.
  • Posted

Are you suffering from the heat, this can cause swelling and pain, I can't imagine just walking would cause stress fractures especially in both feet unless you have very brittle bones and even then I would be surprised.

How long were you inactive for and was it 109% non weight bearing

• Posted

Doing the R.I.C.E method yeah, no X-rays yet. I was 99% off my feet for four weeks prior and just went from non active to 100% active with extensive walking and such. It probably is just tendons though. I have an auto immune disease and it makes my inflammation levels through the roof. Thanks for the input guys.
    • Posted

Tendonitis is a pain you know where.  It took longer to heal and be pain free than a broken foot.  Good luck
    • Posted

Yeah, it effects my wrists and hands too as well as my feet, it's a pain for sure.

• Posted

Get an X-Ray! I had pain for weeks and was told it was nothing serious, sprain that I haven't rested properly (I work in retail and I am on my feet all day) go home and rest. The pain got worse and it was never the same twice. I had extreme pain when lifting weight off my foot and never when putting weight on it! Everybody is different and I had stress fractures in both feet and I'm now on crutches, it's been a long and painful time trying to get any sense out of my GP

Also, if I walk without my crutch of walking boot, my bones click and crack as well! That's why it seems similar. Hope this is helpful? Sorry if it isn't

Get well soon

• Posted

I will try to open get her to order an X-ray when I get home. I've since taken a bad fall down some stairs to concrete and landed flat on my chest, knocked the wind out of me, pretty sure it cracked my rib and injured my neck. Pain pills...lots of pain pills. Hope you feel better soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.