Stress/health

Posted , 4 users are following.

I suffer from bad health anxiety and panic attacks I seen on a news article that stress can kill im a 22 year old and have worried about my health for years I'm always stressed so I'm very worried that I might have a heart attack or something can chronic stress be dangerous??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

*i am the same way.. fear of dying or getting ill.. unfortunately yes u can die from stress but the chances are slim .. and its usually when u get older . but worrying about dying from stress is only going to heighten you chances. practice steps to make ur anxiety and stress better. ull be fine . xx

• Posted

I have had this disorder since the age of 19 ! I am 64 today . When I started with this disorder , we did'nt have internet . So I really thought I was the only one ! They just would say its your nerves . YOUR not going to die . But keep educating yourself on this disorder . Ive been on medication since my forties . Its ok to be on meds . Its just like people with diabetes or any other disease . Thats what meds are for . I tried not to go on meds but it was the only thing to help me . DO NOT GO TO REGULAR PHYSICIAN ,GO TO PSYCHIATRIST WHO ARE TRAINED IN THESE DISORDERS . If you go to regular Physician you will not get the right meds !! A PSYCHIATRIST IS AN MD ! But then went on to specialize .. Sometimes disorder goes into remission . It did for me when I was younger . I TOOK NO MEDS INTIL MY FORTIES .

• Posted

I was just like you in my 20s in my 60s andi still get some symptoms when anxious. you are young enough to make some changes.

yes long term stress can cause all kinds of health issues but it can be prevented by stress management. you are not suddenly going to develop heart disease because of stress. they are talking about long term stress . but its important to be proactive and start to work on it now.

exercise is a great stress reducer, healthy diet important, socializing, laughter, staying hydrated, meditation ,

see a counselor who can help reduce anxiety.

Take it from someone whos been there, NOTHING is more important than your health and you can be in control of your anxiety with support. Living in fear is miserable and it isnt worth it.Life is way too short .

theres a book called Mindfulness that teaches you a different way of thinking to get control of your thoughts, anxiety, etc.

❤❤❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.