Stress induced

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys 

So long story cut short , a week After a panick attack I had anxiety symptoms persist , all the stress induced tinnitus sad I am having my anxiety and depression  treated because it got to the extent and I just want to know has anyone had temporary tinnits from stress anxiety or depression ? Did it go away ? It's been a month and it's slightly has gotten lower !

I had scans and went to ent and audiologist and my ears are fine 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I find it helpful to just ignore the s**t out of tinnitus!It may well never go away, so just ignore it! 
    • Posted

I can't sad I'm OCD with it it's horrible sad I'm hoping it will just go away sad

• Posted

anxiety induced stress causes a lot of physical problems....tinnitus included.  A cause of tinnitus is blood pressure changes in the middle and/or inner ear.  Stress causes blood pressure changes.  Managing stress and, thus, blood pressure is an effective way to minimize tinnitus in many people.  You can manage stress effects by many methods...certainly a medicinal way is to take something like Ativan or another sedative.  How are you treating your anxiety?
    • Posted

Thank u for understanding ! I had many odd symptoms like jaw pain , excessive yawning and belching, pulsates in my ear and then the tinnitus sad I am on medication anti depressants and I take natural medicine such as ginkgo, kava and magnesium ! Have u had experience with this symptom before?
  • Posted

From what I've read anxiety and depression certainly can cause tinnitus.   The good news for you is you ears are fine.  Are you able to take active steps towards relaxation - exercises, mindfulness or just deep breathing whilst sitting in a comfy chair? Listen to soothing music?  Depression is awful.  Please 'try' to relax - easier said than done.  Hope you feel much better soon.  Let us know if you can conquer tinnitus with relaxation techniiques. Best wishes.

• Posted

Thankyou for your comment! I have been trying my best but I think it's a slow process sad it's so hard and life consuming but I hope to battle this and have a positive story I will keep u all updated 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.