Stress relief

Posted , 6 users are following.

Any ideas , suggestions or tips would be gratefully recieved?

My partner has bipolar & is easily stressed

I find he's more distracted recently and i want to find ways to make him learn to relax , find ways to stop his mind constantly racing with thoughts & generally behave more calm !!!

So whom better to ask than the people on here that have answered my various questions before.

Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Is he on medication? If so, it may need to be reviewed! Other than that, nothing nobody says or does helps in these situations!

Best wishes

• Posted

Mindfulness has worked for me alongside my mess of course, just very simple mindfulness and I also use a fidget cube which seems to stop my thoughts rubbing away and panicking me x
    • Posted

Fidget cubes, agh! If your that way enclined, you can fidget with anything! Car keys, zips, buttons, pieces of paper. Ect, ect! If your that way enclined, you wouldn't need a fidget cube !

• Posted

Unfortunately with bipolar, medication is necessary. Relaxation activities and distraction is only a band aid - it's temporary and will not be enough. If he truly wants a better quality of lufe, he needs to speak with a psychiatrist about medication options. If he is on meds, they're clearly not working well and again he'll need to talk with his physician. I have bipolar and anxiety and know others with bipolar. Coping skills just isn't enough - not close.

• Posted

I certainly agree with the majority of the answers here. Its better if you just monitor his condition and continue his medication beforehand.
  • Posted

Evening Sadhna,

I am bioplar one, rapid cycler and a few other mental health issues. I am very well connected to resources to assist my mental health issues so that I may function to the best of my ability. With that said, a continusious healthcare plan needs to be in place. Medication compliance, follow up psychatric care, a mental health support group, fitness and nutrion. Psychatric meds work at their optimum with good nutrition.

Sleep! , cut down or out very stressful events. Chisel a new life style for yourself to be good to yourself while your encountering this chronic disease daily . i am learning to make a new life. It's hard, really hard to accept the devastating hardship my disease has cost me.

Use your community supports to extend possibilities and help your situation. Stay sober, no alcohol, drugs, etc. It totally messes creates further chaos for your mental health.

Sounds like work and it is but I prefer this way than compared to cleaning up my messes when I wasn't treated.

All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.