Stress seizure or panic attack?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've been dealing with a lot of stress lately as well as relentless PTSD from childhood abuse and chronic pain. (I'm 24 if that's relevant!)

Something traumatic (to my mind) happened yesterday and a few hours later when I was (trying) to relax in my room, I suddenly felt like I was somewhere unfamiliar and like I was in a different time, it was such a strong weird feeling, my brain felt so weird and I didn't feel very aware anymore. My face started scruching up but I couldn't help it, it felt like a tick but it was trying to stick like that, then my eyes started to try and close by themselves, they felt very heavy. My arms started getting this feeling of strong tension/clenching that I had no control over and they began to go cold. Suddenly they were jerking and I cant really remember if there was more but I went catatonic afterwards. I'm not sure how long it lasted, minutes possibly. I remembered I actually had this before a few weeks or months ago (either after an argument with my husband or bad memory).

Then maybe half an hour later I suddenly came out of this catatonic state I started getting the strongest overwhelming feeling of pure fear. I started hearing voices in my head that were louder than my thinking voice (or they felt like it at least) so I quickly texted my mum to see me. At first it felt like a weird panic attack but then my mum went to hug me which for some reason I find terrifying during a panic attack and my arm muscles suddenly kept slamming together uncontrollably and my whole body started shaking (that part was on and off) and my eyes felt extremely restless and I had to keep moving them over and over in the same patterns, I was breathing fast and felt so out of it I started to fully believe I was dreaming. I couldn't recognize my mums face or the mention of my husband's name, I started sort of seeing random things around the room (as if I was imagining/portraying them but they werent under my control and they kept happening rapidly) they seemed to mostly happen when there were sounds (my mum talking or cars going past). The unfamiliar feeling was overwhelming too. I think I may have had a small black out at some point but I'm not 100% sure. I felt like I had no brain because nothing was registering with me and I couldn't even think, everything was just happening and I was watching it all. I dont know how long this lasted, it might have been around an hour. When I came out of it, it took me a few minutes to be able to talk again (I couldn't at all during it kind of like my catatonic states) and I could barely put words together, I was talking like a toddler. It got better quickly though. My head hurt badly, I was sweating badly and very thirsty and panicky and my memory was muddled.

It feels very different from my panic attacks and it's only ever happened these 3 times that I remember. I dont have any history of seizures. I'm diagnosed with PTSD x2, anxiety, aspergers and OCD. Also (undiagnosed) with depression and catatonic depression states since this past year. I'm not on any medications at all. I googled about seizures but the ones I can relate to seem to happen just by injury or only happen for a few seconds so I'm really confused. Could it have been a weird panic attack? Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.