Stress was my trigger!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I first developed this disease 10 years ago the this past spring it came back. Before the onset I was stressed with emotional trauma and overwork with a poor nutrition and sleep schedule. At the time I didn't know that is was causes it. It took months for me to find the trigger. I've had only three days of relief in 7 months. I do take Batahistamines. 32 mg , 3 times a day. Keeps the dizziness away. I also take an anxiety med twice a day for the tinnitus. But I am do ding out that proper nutrition, sleep and practicing meditation helps.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm starting to think stress is my trigger too. My father passed away in January and I haven't had the best relationship with my boyfriend recently. On top of that I went from part time job to full time and taking night classes. I already have been diagnosed with reoccurring depression and general anxiety disorder. So it looks like I don't manage stress very well lol

• Posted

I expect you know that Betahistine takes time to work and you may need a higher dose.

I took 48mg tds for 8 months once properly diagnosed and was then able to come off as I had no attacks for 6 months. I stayed in remission for a further 14 months but have had signs of recurrence with a couple of vertigo attacks, mercifully brief. The advice from my consultant was to not wait for a full blown attack but get back on Betahistine (same dose), and to increase it further if necessary. Six weeks after restarting the drug I had another short vertigo attack which left me feeling pretty grim for the rest of the day so the dose has now gone up to 64mg tds while I wait for a consultant review appointment. So far so good.

I suggest you ask your GP for a consultant review referral - good luck.

• Posted

I have had Menieres for over 20 years. Over the past two years it subsided to a very manageable level but a month ago it came back with a vengeance. For the last month I have been unable to do anything but the simplest of actions without have the symptoms recur. My head has been full,of vertigo and tinnitus and I am unable to move my eyes from side to side without causing an episode. I am exhausted. Every time I begin to feel a little better and try to take on more things the condition worsens again. I have been exceptionally busy over the last few years and things have got on top of me but it didn't realise this might have caused the miserable existence I have at the moment. I am at the stage where I was going to pick up all my responsibilities again as I feel so guilty but I am rethinking.

• Posted

I too felt guilty about giving up some responsibility. But last evening I approached my second employer to reduce some work load. Its more important to feel better than the extra income. I can't enjoy spending it if I can't function. I'm trying to reduce stress in everyway. Even going and buying a kite to enjoy at the beach! No stress there and fresh air toowink

• Posted

I need to stop doing some of my activities as I do get stressed. I am still playing the ukulele which gives me a great deal of pleasure. I've had an awful month and it's not over yet, I don't want or need to feel like that. Thankyou for your advice. Take care,

• Posted

How are you feeling these days? I was curious to know if taking less responsibility helped you? I moved away to a new area close to the beach which I love and just recently changed job locations. I was travelling alot and spending way to much time over thinking. Very stressful. I hope your in a better placesmile

Cheers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.