Stressed!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Whenever I start feeling ill, I worry and worry and worry. Googling symptoms almost always leads to a cancer diagnosis! For the last 2 months, my stools have become harder and a bit like pebbles. I havent changed my diet or anything. I am still going regularly (1 time a day or every other day - this hasnt changed). I have been increasing my fibre intake and now every time I go to the toilet, I have a couple of pieces of really hard to pass, broken up stools followed by lots of soft stools that are formed properly. I also have blood - but this is on and off and I think is caused by a fissure (as the only time I have a bit of blood, it is when I have had a large stool and lots of pain). The blood used to be worse at the start but as it has healed it is better, so I am assuming the blood is not from anything other than this! has anyone had anything similar? I have booked a GP appointment for 2 weeks time but spending every day and night googling at the mo! thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh - I have also started to feel sick every now and then, usually after eating. I have had heartburn too after eating too!

• Posted

laura stress can cause alot of things also looking on the internet makes things so so much worse trust me i use to do it all the time!! My stress was so bad i had to go to councling for it! Reading yoir post i dont think you have anything to worry about but i am of course not a doctor! I recently had the same issues u r having so i went to get checked and it was just internal hemmroids! Although any time u see blood i would atleast let your doc aware! I kno its hard vut try and stay of the internet!! It was taking over my life dont do that to yourself because everything u type in always tells u the worst and it most likley is bot any of that! Im a 45 year old woman and have gone through a coupoe health scares!

• Posted

If you are concerned, go see your doctor. There can be lots of causes of these symptoms, many benign, so don't stress yourself by assuming the worst case scenario.

• Posted

Hi,

Its a good idea to clear things up with your GP but worrying will certainly affect your digestion. Your heartburn could be due to your worrying too and then producing lots of stomach acid will also affect your bowels. I have been through all of this and I worried too much. I understand now that if I am stressed it shows up in the bathroom in every sort of combination!

If you are having hard stools you could try drinking more water ,,,,, and if you are having a hard time please ..... stay off Dr Google :0)

All the best

• Posted

How much water do you drink?

If you drink little, then your situation is common.

Raising your fibre intake is great but do so with a large rise in water consumption.

Drink so much that you feel like the toilet is your most constant companion.

You WILL feel better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.