Stressed

Posted , 2 users are following.

I got really stressed last night so woke up this morning with diarrhoea. Should I take one Imodium or ride it out. Any help appreciated x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan

Ride it out - you remember what happened last time you took an immodium - you ended up constipated, in pain and wanted laxatives!!!!  I suspect with you and your history, your anxiety has triggered loose movements.  Also I suggest you look at the instructions for your arthritis medication and see if they may be contributing to loose movements.  My movements although mostly fine, can vary daily.  At present the antibiotics I am taking have a very loosening effect!!

• Posted

I only take paracetamol for my arthritis. You are right about Imodium I will try and ride it out thank you x
    • Posted

I have taken your advice and ridden it out and it seems to be settling. I have had soup for lunch and tea drank water in between so fingers crossed the worst is over x
  • Posted

Hi Susan

I'm new to this, but would be concerned that immodium might "bung things up "and make things worse. Has your Dr previously advised what other measures to use?

The local pharmacy has been helpful to me in the past.

Good luck.

• Posted

My dr gave me Imodium but last time I took it I was really constipated. So I am trying to ride it out. Thank you x
    • Posted

Am glad it seems easier for you now.

Best wishes.

• Posted

Thankyou still not feeling a hundred percent but better than earlier x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.