Stressed about 3cm complex ovarian cysts

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. Hoping for encouraging stories to get me through. Found a complex (septated with pappilary projections) at 3.5cm on right ovary. Ca125 is 44, but ROMA score is at 7.9%.

Having CT scan with IV contrast.

Super terrified. I'm 44.

I have had a history of cysts but usually go away. I suspect endometriosis too.

Please tell me if you have had worrisome looking cysts that turned out to be benign.

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Louise..

I was in your situation a few weeks ago... became super terrified.. I had a complex septated cyst with elevated ca125. I also had a couple of other issue with the womb. Had surgery, been told I had endometriosis and the cyst didn't look sinister but has been sent to pathology, still awaiting results. I'm not worried anymore, it's easy to get in to a panic, I'm more than sure it will be benign cause as was in my case.

• Posted

Thank you, Nina. I am suspicious of endometriosis, but at 44 years of age, I would think that it would have been discovered. I have had random female issues, plus severe periods and horrendous cramping. I have a fibroid or polyp in my uterus as well.

Tomorrow I am getting a CT scan.

I don't know what it will do, but I am doing it!

Your kindness in sharing your story is much appreciated.

• Posted

Like you I have having horrendous issues.. this included bleeding between periods, spotting, pain and horrendous pain during periods. I also had a polyp in my womb which was about 4cm so quite large. Best advice I can give you is just try to relax, don't work yourself up and go with the flow. I got myself so worked up and distressed, now that this is nearing being sorted I feel relieved and if this was to happen again I would be much calmer and have a more measured approach. Hindsight a great thing!.

• Posted

Also prior to my cyst being removed it was called a tumour, a mass, a lesion, in determinant lesion, a cyst. This didn't help matters! It's only natural to assume the worst when you hear the above terms. So please relax and try not to worry xx

• Posted

Yes I have.they were very concerned about my complex cysts(3 on one ovary) they were irregular with thick walls and mural nodules all serious signs.i had 3 scans over 6 months and nothing changed,then they did an MRI and blood tests and they were diagnosed as endometriomas on my ovary.deep endometriosis was also seen. ca 125 was 17.i hope this helps please don't worry.feel

Free to chat as I understand the uncertainty and is a sa mess at the time xxx

• Posted

I hv chocolate cyst, fibroids and polyps.

Normal CA125 and abnormal ROMA.

Suspected cancer at first instance but MRI showed chocolate cyst.

After surgery it was confirmed chocolate cyst only (4.5cm).

Dr said there are cases which patients have abnormal ROMA because of all the said stuffs in ovary and uterus. So, do a MRI checkup and no worry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.