Stressed out... anxiety... bed bugs?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I suffer from chronic anxiety. For the past two years, I've been told about bed bugs here and there, and realize how common they are in my city. This has caused me no end of anxiety and itch. This is the second time I've called the client care line to have someone come to inspect (pending) and I'm terrified that I may find out I have bed bugs. I've been suspicious of them since I moved in here, but have seen no actual bugs, only faint hints that they may be or may have been in my apartment. I am constantlly itchy, and have been for a very long time, but it's taken a turn for the worse this past week. I feel like I'm getting bitten all hours of the day and night, and I feel like I'm going crazy and imagining things and am a hypochondriac... I recently had a health scare involving my heart, which after spending about 12 hours in the emergency room I learned how big of a role my anxiety plays in things like this happening. My complex has had bed bugs, confirmed by an exterminator, not my building.I feel like I've been unable to sleep properly for a long time.I feel like I'm doing things wrong but I'm terrified of the critters

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hoovering/vacuuming your mattress would help. You need to empty your hoover after.

If you were being bitten you would have bite marks.

I'm not an expert but hopefully this will help a bit. Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.