STRESSFUL Reoccurring.... anyone else? IMAGE PROVIDED

Posted , 2 users are following.

I posted a post previously with this same "abscess, boil". I have seen a Nurse Practitioner which said infected hair follicle, Primary Physician which said vulva abscess and OB-GYN which said boil. They all said that I need to remain calm because it was not herpes. I'm not saying they are incorrect, it's just anxiety still lingers. She prescribed mupirocin (antibiotic ointment 3x a day). Previously I have been prescribed doxycycline which does clear it us but they always return. It really bothers my nerves ! Does anyone else get these ? What do you do ? Thoughts ? Comments ?

Important info: I do not shave, my hair is very coarse down there. No discharge.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey. Did you get tested for everything? I had similar situation and it turned out that bumps appeared because of another STD bacteria called chlamydia lgv. Also in my opinion this does not look like herpes.

• Posted

Unfortunately those come with the territory of course black/AA hair. There's not a ton you can do, but if you don't already, try to exfoliate more often. Even though you don't shave, hair falls out and has a growth cycle, so you can still be probe to ingrown hairs. I understand it's uncomfortable, but there's honestly nothing to be concerned about. Try putting a warm compress on it, or taking a bath. When you feel one forming again, try exfoliating the area to relieve any ingrowns or build up of bacteria that may be clogging your pores, which can make these types of bumps more likely to occur.

• Posted

Results are back. Everything negative.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.