Strict diet help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

I have bad digestive issues and I have been told to follow a strict diet for a few months (possibly forever) but I find it I incredibly difficult. There are certain foods that cause me immense pain but I stil reach for them, then there are others that cause me to crave more food and I reach for them too. How do I stop this and learn to just eat those foods that I can eat?! Its mainly vegetables and some fish and meat.

Thank you!

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

thanks all - well i've been told i have ibs but also have candida and a build up of gut bacteria. my stomach is just a mess but i fear food so much that i need to just start eating normally i think. I've gained weight cause i just keep eating bread and chocolate cause they seem to be the only things that don't cause problems!!!

• Posted

I have to admit bread and chocolate are my downfall despite the lactose! I do try and limit chocolate and check bread labels but I'm rubbish where chocolate is concerned. I can't gain weight tho sad
  • Posted

I think you need to see a dietitian, that sounds like an ibs type complaint especially if you have certain food triggers.  Keep a food diary - boring though it may seem, you'll then discover what you can eat and can't. Since I was diagnosed with ibs I discovered my beloved cherries that I was putting on my breakfast spanned 2 food groups so were then a no-no, also broccoli if I eat much of that then I have problems, not easy when you're a vegetarian!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.