Stroke and irregular heart beat.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Taking Eliquis 5mg twice a day' Ramipril 2.5mg, Bisoprolol 2.5mg, and Amlodipine 5mg.  Have to take them to keep my blood pressure down, But not happy with the Amlodipine, becuese a start I feel dizzy and feel my joints aching, also I get weird deams at night.  Anyone else have promlems with them? ...

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Martin

I have had a aches from amlodipine it's miserable I went off of it recently I still have residual effects but I'm feeling better every day it's toxic poison

• Posted

I have.had joint pains and had episodes of feeling dizzy whilst on Amlodipine, my GP is now trying me on other hypotensive drugs. I will report back on how I manage on my new medication in due course.
  • Posted

Go with gut instinct, Martin - it's probably right. I couldn't take Amlodipine, although my hubby takes it. However, both he and our neighbour who is also on Amlodopine (or was) plus another person I've come across have suffered heart block and had to have pacemakers fitted - I am suspicious of Amlodipine. Another female friend of mine has recently been diagnosed with A trial Fibrillation- she has been on Amlodipine for about a year. Also, ask a good pharmacist to check out all your medications for compatibility.

• Posted

I agree! There are a lot of people out there who cannot take Amlodipine, yet some have great success with it. It's quite ok to take Amlodipine with 

Rampiril & Bispropolol. Amlodipine is a Calcium Channel Blocker, Rampiril is an ACE Inhibitor, & Brispropolol is a Beta Blocker. Here in Canada, the governing body (Canadian Medical Association) declared a number of years ago, that patients should NOT be prescribed an ARB i.e. Valsartan along with an ACE, i.e. Rampiril. As long as the meds are in a different classification, it's ok. Everyone is different as you know. I'm still having problems with the burning sensations in my feet, & lower legs...along with the odd pins/needles. I truly believe I have been misdiagnosed by a lazy Neurologist, but I'm seeing my Family Doctor tomorrow & will ask for a second opinion from another Neurologist. From what I've read, Neuropathy can't be cured, but the progression can be stopped. I have two nerves in the spine that are being irritated...one in the Lumbar spine, the other in the Cervical spine. I can't believe that just 2 nerves can cause such burning in my legs, pins/needles..now I'm starting to get the sensations in my arms..a bit on my scalp. 

• Posted

Found it awful, caused me lots of problems and would not wish to ever take it again
  • Posted

martin25211...It's possible the Brisprolol is making you dizzy. That's a beta blocker, which slows the heart rate. Also, be careful with the Rampiril as well. When you go to stand up...stand up slowly...the Rampiril can cause temporary dizziness.

By all means see your doctor again to see if something else can be taken. I hate the fact that side effects of medication can be worse than the actual ailment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.