Stroke or nott

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello a week ago I had my face droop to one side and my right arm an leg went paralysed. The said stroke. Days go by test done. They say no evidence of stroke I have very little movement in my arm an leg but my docto said I can go home as all I my head

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

How dose he expect me just to jump up just because he says so.

Could there be something they missed

• Posted

Hi Christine I've had the same laSt july I lost my speech and turned cockney facial weakness and so on tests showed nothing but a year on and I'm left with weakness right side speech inpediment 25% brain function and I'm on blood thinners and heart tablets to prevent a major stroke I was told it was in my head in fact is if you've had a stroke I've finally in may been diagnosed with a fib so to hell with the paras that treated me like I was drunk and was having an anafalaxis dear god what a year I've had

• Posted

They finally diagnosed me with migraine too neurologist kept saying neurogical functional dissorder but I knew deep down what had happened I've forgotten the simple things like holding a knife and fork and my writting so articulate is now scribble and I miss words out can't remember names or phone numbers and I have spasms every day my personality is more assertive too

• Posted

Hi Joanne

Thanks for reply

I'm still in hospital. Doctor is a dick. The staff have said that is a group design to see if I'm up to going home which I'm not .. I to have probs with saying the word I know the word hear it but have trouble getting it outta my mouth. They say I will get full recovery. So long journey ahead

• Posted

I was In hospital last july for a week and had the lumbar puncture from he'll and cause the scans showed jack they didn't believe me it's took a year to be put on meds I've suffered a bulging disc through the lp and loss of balance the list goes on and had too many trips to hosp to mention and seen lots of consultants even been assessed by physiciatric nurses idiots them they are the mad ones it's a disgrace it sure is

• Posted

Well a year on and I'm still left with spasms jn my face speech inpediment weakness and so on

• Posted

I sent you a reply it's with the modifier because I said a word that I'm.not allowed to say and im only speaking the truth

• Posted

Well Doc came in today said your right to go home all test were clear so your faking it

What that fruit the physio an or were there they said no way that I could go home he must think if he says then I will just get up an walk out

I then said very loud oh wait I love people wiping my ass an disappointing my family on stuffing up our trip away No he's decide to get a phyc rewiew ..

An the OT is going to my place to see what mods I need cause he won't sign of on me going to. Rehab

• Posted

Hi Christine 40% of strokes don't show on the scan so it's definitely not in your head I went to hosp for a blood test and was chatting to this lady and her stroke didn't show on the test 3 years ago either they try and convince you your goin crazy but you stand your ground

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.