Strong ache in shoulder after consuming alcohol

Posted , 3 users are following.

The past two times that i have been out drinking I've left with a strong ache in my right shoulder. The first time it occurred I did consume too much alcohol and was in a lot of pain on the way home. The second time I didn't really drink that much and was completely aware of everything going on and I could tell this time that there was a strong ache in my shoulder so I decided to leave and go home as it was that bad. It happens after a few hours of drinking it doesn't happen the moment i drink the alcohol. I don't have any other symptoms for Lymphoma other than being tired a lot, which I have been to the doctor before about. It just seems like a really strange symptom to me and googleing the question only really seemed to bring up lymphoma. I was just wondering if I should go to the doctor about it, but not sure if they would really do anything because they're the only symptoms that I have.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It can't hurt to go to the Dr. I have also heard that is a sign of Lymphoma, but I've read that it's the swollen lymph nodes themselves that are painful when drinking. And since you don't have any swollen lymph nodes then that seems like it isn't lymphoma. But it can't hurt to ask a doctor about it and see their thoughts.

• Posted

Thanks for your input Philly89. I mean I think I'm fairly healthy, it's just a bit of a weird symptom because of how specific it is. I think I'll just book a doctors appointment and go speak to them about it. I think with a lot of information being online and hearing about misdiagnosis or late diagnosis, you can't help but not just trust one doctors opinion unfortunately.

• Posted

Hi dan4321,

It could be a gall bladder or pancreas problem. There is a nerve in the abdomen which runs up to the shoulder and can give you referred pain. If you have a dodgy gall bladder alcohol will make things worse and could give you a pain in the shoulder. I believe some surgeons use this nerve as an indication of problems in the abdomen.

Probably best to see your doctor.

Regards

• Posted

Thanks Grunthos, Yeah I think I'll book an appointment with the doctor to just have their input on it. Much appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.