Strong neck and righht shoulder muscle spasm with little response to treatment, please help!

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've had this spasm in neck and right shoulder for 9 months now, it started as a side effect of a high dose antidepressant (cipralex). After 2 months I successfully stopped the antidepressant but the neck pain was still there, I went to doctors they gave me NSAIDs they didn't work, in Jan I was put on tizanidine and finally it worked I took it till start of march and the problem was almost gone, I only had a minor ropes and knots like feeling in right side of neck & shoulder so I saw a physical therpist in the last week of march & did some stretches, then the spasm relapsed and I started getting awful painful sensations like the right side of my neck and shoulder were entirely like metal with wierd sensations as if there are things tearing and making shapes in my neck with awful pain, doctors say there is strong spasm, but nothing seems to work now. Tizanidine, cyclobenzaprine, NSAIDs, physical therpay. Nothing is working anymore this time. What are my options for this stubborn spasm? Sorry for The long post

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.