Struggle putting weight back on even with Creon

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

Anyone knows how to put weight back on with CP? I am taking Creon with every meal, eat small and frequent meals, track my calories, but my weight is not coming back...I think I even dropped a little. It really scares me. Any advices?

Thanks in advance for helping!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dreamy,

Hello about 5 years into my ilness I did the same thing I went from around 150 clear down to 95 pound i wore a little girls size 10. its been several years now and i have the oppisite problem. My weight came back. My suggestion is High calorie protien shakes there are a lot of good ones out there like muscle milk drink in bettween your meals it should help. when I was having trouble being very under weight they had me drinking 6 a day plus eatting. I am sorry you are going through this CP is hard. I hope my suggestions help. They can also put in a tube if you loose too much weight they almost did this too me. I hope it doesn't come to that for you. Wishing you all the best and good health!

• Posted

Hi Manda, thanks for your suggestions. The problem is that I am also lactose intolerant, so it's quite hard to find a lactose free low fat gainer shake :-) I have to research if there is anything on offer out there.
    • Posted

I also can not drink milk products try searching at wallgreens I took one all the time it wasn't musle milk and musle milk may be lactose free. That was the only one I could think of. Maybe carnation instant breakfast with almond milk that's what I drink now.
  • Posted

hi sorry for bothering you again but I remembered what it was I drank all the time for weight gain it was Boost.
    • Posted

I haven't been on them in a while but i was on a very high dose 3 at a time before i could eat anything. I am wanting to say I was on 75,000MGs but I am not sure. they made me so sick I quit taking them. I am currently waiting on the pancreatic Clinic in Nebraska to see if they can do anything more for me besides sugery. I am sorry I don't remember the dosing it was so high my pharmacy had to special order them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.