Struggling

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm drinking again. 1 bottle of white wine Thursday night, 2 bottles ystd. Now 3/4 of way through a bottle. Have to stop as got daughters graduation next Friday :-(

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi paper, it's looks like its anxiety that's causing your drinking? Just thinking about having to go to the graduation is probably causing enough anxiety? That's my problem, anxiety levels. Booze works a treat, but my Dutch courage ' couple' always turns me into Thor( well I think it does) lol. I sometimes use lorazepam just to be able to go someplace, then realise when I get there, my fear was unfounded. Daft but true. Good luck👍
    • Posted

Good reply Roger!! I fully understand the situation about being apprehensive or nervous and then DRINK DRINK DRINK...trying not to is not always easy or loosing your inhibitions since you are normally shy...enough about this and all the best to Paper Fairy and yourself.
    • Posted

Thanks & good luck, we all know the difficulties with stopping, virtually impossible for me (when I'm drinking). Anyway, it's a nice day here in the middle of England, I'm off out with the dog......😃👍
  • Posted

Hi paper fairy

Is it this Friday 3 July when your daughter graduates? Not heard from you for a couple of days and hope you're doing ok.

even if you're still drinking, you've still got time to stop and enjoy her graduation sober.

please let us know how you're doing. Hope all goes well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.