struggling

Posted , 9 users are following.

Really struggling past few days with my anxiety Ive only had anxiety for few months so I'm still at the stage were I'm convinced something else is wrong . I have been checked at a&e and doctors and all seems okay. I wake up in morning feeling sick with a horrible nervous feeling in my stomach as soon as I get up the lightheadedness starts and I'm constantly questioning how I feel and if I'm breathing normally which of corse leads to me thinking I'm short of breath. I'm wishing each day away just now and I was never like this before. My husband gets home from work at 5pm and I sometimes can relax a bit after that having someone else there but I'm struggling during the day and have 2 kids to look after

2 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Aw Lynsey I feel for you huni, I really do. I feel like I could have been the one to write that. Honestly you will start to feel better. I was the same as you and sometimes still am, especially the breathing thing!! It's just because your concentrating on breathing that you start to notice it more rather than just let it happen naturally!! I also have 2 young kids and felt very overwhelmed when I was on my own. Do you take any medication for the anxiety? I do and feel it has helped, I have also been going to councelling. Sometimes talking to someone we don't know helps. Anxiety has loads of scary symptoms which makes us this we have things wrong with us but it is just anxiety and you don't have anything wrong with you. Hope you feel better soon. Keep going to see your doctor, their are lots of different things you can try. Xxx
    • Posted

hi leanne other than the morning anxiety do u have any other symptons? e.g derealisation. a spaced out kinda off balance feeling? cos i wake up every morning like that. plus the breathing thing and the 2 others.
    • Posted

His I don't take any medication at the moment was trying to avoid it just because I take medication as I'm anemic this is what started my anxiety I'm also type 1 diabetic so try and avoid added medication I'm also very scared of side affects. I just don't want to feel miserable and have this rub off on my kids. At times I think I'm okay then 10 min later I'm all over the place again x
    • Posted

I understand your reasons regarding medication. It's a personal choice. Can I ask what is what about anemia that made you anxious like this? Xxx
    • Posted

I had been having palpatations and was tired and lightheaded but I kind of just ignored it thot it was due to me doing to much then at work one day I took unwell fainted and before this had what seemed like a panic attack I was taken to hospital etc this happened twice more and was again taken to hospital. from my blood tests they found I was very anemic and started me on iron tablets. Since then I've been worried about every sensation I feel in my body I worry about my heart due to chest pains but I have had 5 ecgs and all okay. I think just feeling so unwell and lightheaded Al the time it really scared me and I haven't been able to shake it off.
    • Posted

Ye I understand what you mean. When you got your bloods done if there was anything else wrong then a blood test will pick up some sort of abnormality so it's good that it didn't. If you have had 5 ecgs I would try and not worry about your heart. Do you have any close family or friends that you can visit? I know when I first started feeling like this I literally went down to my mums every day with the kids, just being with someone else helped. I would also see if you could be referred to councelling. Hopefully your husband is supportive as well. Xxx
    • Posted

Yeah I have a great family and husband who r supportive I keep quite a lot to myself which I need to stop as well.
    • Posted

Yes i hear you and that's really good advice i feel the same way at times anxiety sucks and it is scary
  • Posted

I understand you don't want to try any meds, but they really may help take the edge off things for you
  • Posted

Hi Lynsey I'm sorry you feel so bad at the moment. Please believe me you will get better. I have felt all the health anxiety too, numerous visits to A&E and my Dr, ECG's blood tests etc.. etc..I also have that bad feeling as soon as I open my eyes in the morning, I try to recognise that it's anxiety and nothing else and try different breathing techniques so I don't panic. You know breathe in for relax and breathe out for letting go. I would first of all suggest you go back to the Dr and say exactly how you feel and ask about therapy. I have an underlying health issue and for different reasons unfortunately have been unable to continue with anxiety medication, so at the moment I am getting therapy. It really helped me to talk about what's going on in my head and what I think is going on in my body. Never be afraid to ask for help, it is the first step. I'm not saying it's not hard work but try and nip it in the bud at the early stage. I have also tried clinical hypnotherapy which helped me relax a bit. Even baby steps are progress and that's all you need. You are getting through evrey day, be proud of yourself. Good luck.cheesygrin
    • Posted

Thank u so much for ur reply makes me feel better I just need to get a hold of this worrying that something is wrong and just accept it anxiety x
  • Posted

I hope someone has explained to you anemia causes anxiety like symptoms. Im sure uncontrolled diabeties would add to the mix as well. Hopefully your diabeties is controlled. I can see how the anemia would absolutely cause many symptoms that mimic anxiety but by now have made you anxious from feeling the side effects of the anemia. Have you checked your b12 levels as well? Light headed and shortnss of breath is so very related to anemia so you know. I realize you probably have connected this to anxiety and probably  have developed anxiety as a result of your deficency and ailments but im just hoping someone has explained this all to you. What caused your anemia? Do you know? Is it controlled yet? 
    • Posted

Hi I have had diabetes for 5 yrs I'm insulin dependant but it's well Controlled. Anemia is just down to heavy periods they said. It is getting better
    • Posted

No I'm on iron tablets which has brother my hemoglobin level up but I also have low iron stores which takes months to build up and this goes up and down as well due to periods
    • Posted

Im not a doctor, but i think you fall into a different category then random anxiety attacks. Anemia has issues in and of itself and usually b12 deficency couples with it plus you are diabetic. I am wondering if you are being properly assessed and treated. Have you seen a diabetic nutritiinist or a regular qualified nutritionist?  Even if your diabetis is controlled they are usually covered by insurance thats why i say diabetic nutritionist.I get your getting anxiety attacks and im concerned they are or were secondary to your ailments but are now patterning into anxiety when it really was not when it began. One deficency does not exist. If you are deficient in one thing you are deficient in another there is a careful balance that occurs in the body. I know it makes sense to you. Its good you have avoided any and all anxiety meds because you really need to balance out your system first. The meds will mask stuff and you wont kmow if you feel better naturally or not. Any ailment can tirgger anxiety and fears. Any sensation can do it as well. Yours can very well be situational if you can get it all balanced a bit quicker then you are doing hopefully before the pattern of anxiety sets in.does that make sense to you? Its easy to jump on the panic attack and mental aspect but i get such a strong  feeling your core issues are evident based from what you have written. Doctors are so rushed these days no one really explains anything anymore and that by itself has probably been responsible for so many people emding up with terrible anxiety. 
    • Posted

I have been diabetic for 5 years and have had no issues I regularly see my consultant and all is well with this. I have been to doctors a few time have had ecgs blood tests all the usual stuff and only thing they found was the anemia which is getting better. The reason I do believe it probably is anxiety is that I do worry a lot and seem to get the symptoms I'm worrying about and often when I'm busy and not thinking about it they go away also I have good days and bad. I have been tested for other deficiencys like b12 etc but all been okay just low iron.
    • Posted

Ok just wanted to be sure for you. Not denying you have anxiety at all, just wanting to be sure for you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.