Struggling

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all...

Iv been taking levythyroxine for a féw months now,i get alot of ok days,but everynow and then i seem to go to Pieces...back to feeling dreadful...physical pain,joints muscles etc...i feel Like iv been crushed and can do nothing bit lay...altho my head is awake.I asked ny Gp,to Maybe up my dose of levy...he said as my tsh was 4...Leave it for now...

Is this how it is on medication...a féw good days then bang....i got so upset this morning,trying to feel greatful...as there are so many ill people....

Just Wondered if its Like this for anyone else...even tho your on medication..

Thanks for reading <3>

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes I'm the same way, i was just diagnosed and it has caused me tremendous anxiety because I never feel well, my legs and arms feel weak and tingly, I'm always tired, my last blood work was 10.65 tsh but my t4 is "within normal" I just want to know if I'll ever feel normal again!
    • Posted

Tsh is still a bit high so maybe your doctor could increase the dose a little. I felt better when my Tsh was 0.01 but it varies from person to person. Hope you feel better soon. Gill
  • Posted

Struggling here too as my last blood test shows tsh 4 but I still feel unwell. My dr told me that ppl usually start feeling better when tsh is at 2. Unfortunately levo is affecting my heart - dr wanted to increase dosage (and probably prescribe meds to slow down heart) but endocrinologist said I was having hand tremors, palpitations, anxiety and insomnia because dosage was too high so he reduced dosage. So now I'm back to chills and more exhausted with less palpitations. Frustrated and fed up at this stage!

It sounds like your dr is only going by your test results and not your symptoms. Does he test every 6wks?

• Posted

Hi Lisa,

its very difficult,think there are alot of people who feel the same, i am sorry. Yes i really struggle, would love the doctors to just understand the condition instead of always going by guidelines and look at each person as an individual.

Hope you start to improve

• Posted

Hi Lisa. It takes a while to start to feel normal again. It has taken me 18 months to feel more good days than bad but nowhere as bad as I felt on no medication. My original TSH was 30 and now it is 0.01 which is low but t3 normal and t4 20. The doctor at first said it was a bit low but how did I feel as it could be heading towards hyperthyroid. I said I felt well and he said it depends very much on how one feels and varies from person to person. I am now on 75mg. Sorry I have rambled on. You will feel OK when you have the right amount for you. Hope this helps. Gill
  • Posted

Unfortunately yes,

I've been on a variety of medications since I was 5 and it hasn't ever gotten better for more than a couple of months. My level was 40 last month so they upped the dose again. Honestly, after taking it for so many years I don't think that the medication ever drastically improves the way you feel. I think you need to find what works for you. Don't be discouraged. If this is what you have, then you're going to find foods that make you feel better and even a sleeping schedule that works. I dont know if anyone else feels the same way, but the longer I focus on how physically drained I am, the worse I get. Just battle the hell out of it. Experiment. Nobody knows your body and how it feels better than you.

Good luck.

• Posted

Just persevere you will feel better. Good and bad days just happen and it is not the full picture. Perhaps the doctor could increase little by little. That is what happened with me.
  • Posted

Thankyou so much for your replies...Just has to give in today,couldnt fight the fight,x
  • Posted

Lisa - some days you're better off just giving in. Allow yourself that. I'd suggest checking on how far your dr will go and if it's an option to change dr. Also is your hypothyroid due to iodine or autoimmune deficiency? It's important to know this as you can do things for yourself to boost your body. Another thing is how many blood tests have you already done? Dr's usually only start prescribing after 2 tests....there are alot of things to consider and weigh up at this starting stage.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.