Struggling

Posted , 2 users are following.

Feeling very despondent I struggle mentally and physically with the ed , I was told yesterday that they are stopping my support worker . I had support for just 2 hrs every other week and he took me food shopping for my son. I really struggle physically as very weak , I know people will say do it online but the shop I use don't do it and I am on a budget, just feeling let down.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi. I'm really sorry to hear you're struggling, and that your support is being withdrawn. Have they given a reason for why, and do you have the opportunity to challenge the decision? In terms of the support worker issue, I would do a couple of things. Firstly, I would speak to your GP about getting an assessment to maintain this support. Your GP will be able to make a strong case for your needs, particularly given that things are going downhill. Secondly, I would encourage you to raise this as a case with your MP. They often receive cases like this where people are struggling to advocate for their health needs, and can often intervene. You can approach your MP by writing to or emailing them (be sure to include your address and postcode so they can see that you are in their constituency), or you can ring up their constituency office and request a physical meeting. Either are effective, although meeting in person can mean they can ask questions and get information on things you might not have thought about. If you'd like some help doing this, feel free to email Beat - the UK's eating disorder charity. I'm afraid I can't give out email addresses or send weblinks on this forum, so if you search Campaigns on their website, you'll be able to find the appropriate email address.

On your eating disorder, specifically, what help are you currently getting? Is this something you can ask for more support with? I'd also encourage you to get in touch with the Beat Helpline, which is open 7 days a week from 3pm - 10pm. The Helpline is free and confidential, however if you'd prefer not to speak on the phone, there are options such as 1-2-1 chat, email and twitter chat. They also run online support groups.

I hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.