Struggling

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello and so glad to have found this site.

just wanted to share my story

i was on amitryline for over ten years for bad headaches. ive been on 50 to 150 a day.

i decided to come off them due to hair loss and to see if the headaches were still there wihout the drugs.

this is the third time ive tried to come of them and so far this time is the longest.

its been 8 weeks without a tablet, and i have to say its been the worst 8 weeks of my life. if it wasnt for the hair loss i would be back on them again! i have to say i was happy on amytripline.

well withdrawel

headaches oh my life. pain killer after pain killer, this last week is the first week ive been okay, still a bit muzzy but okay no pain, praying ive turned a corner.

sleep well what is that? lucky if i get three hours

ive got upset stomach, though not bad, pains and spasms in my legs ( i had this last time ive tried to come off them)., but the worse for me is the depression, ive never had depression before.im sad all the time, cry all the time and really struggling..

im seeing the doctor monday but i will not go on another tablet not one i take everyday..

ive done 8 weeks, and i dont want to ever go back on this drug, i will do it, just praying the depression and sadness goes in time. used to be such a happy person.

i feel for you all sufferring xx

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You mention headaches.

When do you usually get them?

How strong are they? That is, do you need tablets (other than Ami) to deal with them?

• Posted

Hello Donna02154

I have just joined this group and resignated with you. I have been on this drug for 19 years mainly at 75mg for chronic migraine. I am now down to 25mg but if I go any lower that than I suffer terrible withdrawrals, insommnia, anxiety, restless legs and feet, weird dreams, I wake up in the middle of the night like I am going to have a panic attack. This is my second attempt, the first one I just couldnt cope so I had to go back on them. I have bowel issues and really taking this medication long term is obviously not good but trying to come off it feels even worse. I am worried about this, I really want to come off this all together but my first attempt I failed- I lasted about 6 weeks and I felt like I was going crazy or something, (lack of sleep, which gave me more migraines) the doctor gave me sleeping tablets but I didnt want to get hooked on those! This week I am trying again, Ive cut the 25mg tablet in half but I am all ready feeling withdrawrals obviously the half is too much of a drop so back to the drawring board. The doctors are no good, they dont understand this drug at all!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.