Struggling after Flu

Posted , 2 users are following.

Just got a negative result for Covid but did have many of the symptoms. I am assuming I have had flu instead. Still coughing but fortunately my high temperature has at last stabilised. Chronically fatigued. i get up potter about and think I'm so much better then - bang! Fatigue hits me like a sledge hammer. Symptoms started with very sore throat 6 days ago.

I'm a teacher and under pressure to return to work. fortunately I'm part time and not due in until next Tuesday. Any advice on how to get over this quickly would be very welcome.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

The testing is a poor method nothing near to being 100% correct so you may of had it.

People shouldn't pay so much attention to these test even if it is a positive their is no extra measures that can be used it's same process as if you have flu rest up plenty of fluids etc and isolate.

No quick fix no matter which illness you have it can take time each person is different and expect if you are CFS suffering it may take longer so do not force it.

Stick with low carb diet get plenty of fluids water is best but if you can not drink just that non caffeine teas and rest with some exercise (this also means do not work your brain to much a lot of people will spend hours still in front of tv or on tablet/mobile this should be limited)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.