Struggling help!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have had oral LP for over four years and am 28, they have told me to keep an eye out for any changes. I regularly check and have noticed no ulceration any more, as such but it now blood blisters and has progressed to both sides of my tongue. It's really painful as it's along the side of my tongue which stops me from speaking and eating all together sometimes.

They have told me it can be a cancerous condition but not what things to look out for . Does anybody know what the main changes are which indicates progression into mouth cancer ?

I have been avoiding the foods I've been told to avoid but nothing changes. I am in a stressful situation at work so stress is the main factor at the minute. I have seen that several people go gluten free and have seen some changes but am wary to try it. How much relief does it give people?

I have also been told by my consultant that the medication I use(metosyn ointment/paste) is going to be be no longer available to Me as the hospital is moving location and can no longer be made in the new pharmacy. Does anybody know where else would make this paste or anything similar to this? as I have tried several types of medication and this seems to be the only thing that helps.

Also my consultant has suggested steroid tablets as a course of treatment but due to the side effects I did not take up the offer, plus the last visit I had he said it wasn't at the stage where it was severe enough for that course of treatment. But has anybody who has taken these steroids had any severe side effects?

Are there any tips anyone can give to help reduce the pain?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dear Carney,

I have been using tea tree oil, very sparingly.

And, I started taking anti-viral meds since last December.

Right now, I'm taking 1,000 mg of valacyclovir.

I've gone from 9 ulcers to 1 small one with very little pain.

I took steroids for 3-1/2 months for ulcerative colitis, think it made my olp worse.

I can only speak from my experience.

My prayers are with you.

• Posted

Thanks for your advice, I will discuss your suggestions with my consultant.
    • Posted

How do you use teatree oil? What do you dilute with & what proportion?

• Posted

I use products that contain tea tree oil, e.g., toothpaste & mouthwash.

When I have a lesion, I put one drop on a q-tip and hold it against the sore for about 10 seconds.

I spit out the saliva it generates. I do not swallow,because tea tree oil is toxic if ingested.

• Posted

Hello, I found ice works well on my skin to subside the itching and burning when I have a flare up. Perhaps it my help you as well. Try sipping on ice water it may help to.

I also have mouth issues from time to time and use a hydrogen peroxide based mouth wash called peroxal from colgate that helps promote healing of minor mouth sores and wounds. Or use plan hydrogen peroxide mixed 50/50 with water. I find success with both and works very well for me. Again I hope it will you help you as well.. Best of luck to you.

• Posted

Oh I forgot, I pray that it doesn't get to the point of having to use a steroid but in small doses are very helpfull. They can improve your condition and make you more comfortable, combined with a Paleo diet could put it in remission.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.