Struggling! Really needing some positive stories/ words of encouragement!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I've had genital herpes type 1 for just over a year now! Still to this day I cannot accept it. It goes through my head every single day and feel like I will never be able to bring myself to tell anyone! I feel I will never be loved! I'm 27 years old single and lonely! Would really love a family one day but time is ticking and makes me feel even more depressed!

I'm just so scared telling a partner them running away and telling people and everyone knowing my dirty secret! I just feel like I need some positive words and stories because right now I just feel so down! Thanks for reading

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I get how you feel. Thankfully my boyfriend understood. My first breakout happened after we'd been together for 3 months. I thought it was from him..he got tested it wasn't. My ex husband cheated and passed it on to me unknowing. It was embarrassing to tell the new boy that I was HSV2 positive and didn't know it for years!!! He stuckk by me. Maybe you will find someone as understanding as I thankfully have! Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you for your response. It's always nice to know there are peapple how understand how I feel. I've spoken to one friend about this and she hasn't really been there for me at all.

Couple of questions if you don't mind.

Do you always use protection?

Are you on antivirals?

Has your boyfriend caught this from you?

I really hope I do too! I just always seem to go for the immature guys who don't care about only about sex! I've got some sh*t luck!

• Posted

No problem this is new to me too..as in a month. To answer your questions no im not on anti virals I'm afraid of the side effects of the medications. We don't always use protection (he said he doesn't care if he gets it or not because he loves me and wants to be with me) and so far no he hasn't caught it from me..chances are he will and he's ok with that. I hate that he's ok with it..but it's his decision.

• Posted

When I first met my husband, he told me he had herpes and I was fine with it. We used protection at first, but as time went on and we knew we were going to be together for life, we didn't anymore.

I just recently acquired the virus, and I am not upset. You can and will find someone who understands and will love you.

• Posted

Hi J!

I just wanted to give you some uplifting words!

I was diagnosed with HSV2 back in April. The guy (I can't call him a man) I was dating claims he was unaware he had it, and gave it to me. I have been feeling broken and scared with dating because I would never want this to happen to someone I would be involved with. So obviously it's important to protect them. Of course there are some ignorant a-holes that aren't open to learning about it and see it as disgusting. Well, those people aren't worth your time.

Since I broke things off with the liar, I've put myself back in the dating scene. I don't typically mention it to them, but I do tell them when they bring up intimacy that it's not something I rush into. If they push it when we are on a date, which often happens nowadays, I simply tell them no. I won't bring up my diagnosis unless I feel comfortable enough with them.

Just last night I did tell the man I'm seeing. We were simply making out and talking about things. And he had mentioned that he's all mine when he's ready. So I told him then because he already made me comfortable earlier while talking because he told me I could tell him anything. It was on my mind the entire time we were talking.

This is what I told him. "So while were talking about being intimate I just feel I need to inform you about something. I have the virus that produces herpes. I was given it by someone that claims they didn't know about it, and I got it. It is possibpe for people to be carriers of the virus and not know it. I currently take an antiviral to reduce my occurrences of outbreaks and passing it onto you. Since I'm being upfront about it now, I'll be very honest with you about whether I may have symptoms of an outbreak to reduce the chance of spreading it to you because that would be the past thing I'd want to do. I also, would prefer we use protection." I didn't think he would up and leave, because he gave off the understanding type of demeanor and his response was, "well, I'm not going to run out of here. It's really brave of you to be able to tell me that. I have a lot of respect for you for being upfront about it and it shows you respect me." I couldn't help but cry because it really was hard to tell him. But you have to keep in mind, the last thing you want to do is infect someone else with the virus. But you can't just let life go by. Yes, we have a virus, but it doesn't mean that we don't deserve to be loved.

• Posted

Hi, love! I agree... My husband keeps apologizing to me, I really was diagnosed just this week, so it is completely new. At the beginning of this week, I was sick as a dog and thought I had a cold. It wasn't until the lesions on my tongue popped up that we knew what was going on...

He is in tatters about it, but I really am okay. I'm sitting here looking at him right now, on the computer and picking at his nails, and I just love him... Having the virus doesn't diminish my capacity to love him.

I am glad that he took the news well, what a good man. I hope things progress well, I can tell you are lovely and deserve to be treated well, as we all do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.