Struggling to cope with vision changes.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've joined this forum nearly a year ago, to ask questions about what I was dealing with at that time. I found out that I was experiencing blue field entoptic phenomenon and a massive increase in floaters. I went to two different doctors, each said that there was nothing wrong with my eyes, I believe that, but I everywhere I look I (as long as it is bright in enough) I see my white blood cells moving along and floaters everywhere. I know it's normal for everyone to be able to see blue field entoptic phenomenon, but I don't think it's normal for me to be able to see it on everything all of the time. For nearly a year, I've been struggling to find happiness, with almost an anxiety feeling, I've just been living and hoping it will get better, but it hasn't, I don't know why. I look around and nothing feels the same, I want to be able to see the way I used to.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Could it be a form of visual snow?
    • Posted

I'm honestly not sure. I've looked into it, and I actually thought I had it for quite some time, but now I'm not so sure, I think it was just caused from me being paranoid, looking for things that were wrong. I don't really have the symptoms people with visual snow have, most notably the "static", I see it a little bit when it's dark, but from my understanding that's normal. I have noticed afterimages, to an extent, but I just think that I've taught to my brain to see these things and now I can't unsee them, if that makes sense. I appreciate your reply.

• Posted

I realize that I really don't have of that bad compared to some, it's just hard to deal with.

• Posted

I too have exactly the symptoms you've described and am attempting to come to terms with it. It's been negatively effecting my work and mental well-being. I've had these issues with my vision for decades but feel they've recently gotten a bit more apparent and difficult not to focus on. Hearing that others are experiencing the same phenomena is a welcome relief from being told there's nothing wrong with me by medical professionals but I'd still like to find better coping techniques. To date I've tried some vitamin supplements I read someone online recommend but it's not made a difference as far as I can tell. I'm completely open to any suggestions on how to improve the condition or cope with it, I'm planning on trying some hypnotherapy.

• Posted

Hi Gabriel just been reading through your post and wondering if you managed to get tot the bottom of what was going on or find any relief? I have been dealing with a similar thing for the last 4 months now and its driving me crazy. I have had so many floaters come in my vision with also a feeling of being spaced out and disorientated! Just wondering if you managed to find anything contributing to your symptoms? Thanks Jordan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.