struggling to cope with worrying and anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

To give some background, im 17. ive been struggling with worrying for a few years. i get very stressed over everything and over worry about various things. to give an example i will get some sort of worry or doubt in my head and i will obsess over it for a few days, or a week or so, sometimes longer, it can be something that ive said, or done, or something that im worried about. its difficult to explain but for example if ive done something wrong i will worry so much, and feel like im an awful person, and its all i can think about for a while, then something else will happen, and i move on to worrying about that, it feels like im constantly worried and it only stops when i start worrying about something else. i tried to go to the doctors but nothing really came of it and i got a bit better but i just feel like im stuck in a cycle of worry and stress and i just wish i could think properly and enjoy life, but there is just allways something getting me down or stressed and i dont know what to do anymore.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I feel the same way. I had CBT for a bit and, though it didn't help me personally, I would advise you to see if you can try it. Whether face to face, a book or an online course, I think learning how to retrain your thoughts might help. Hopefully 😃

• Posted

yes CBT definitely helped me.

If you prefer to read there are lots of good books on anxiety. Just google Books on Prescription & you will see GP recommended ones.

There is always an answer, never give up.

• Posted

i highly advise u see a counselor. you need some direction now . it can really help! keep going.

you are letting fear take over. negative thoughts are not based on reality or fact.

theres great meditations on you tube for anxiety, fear, sleep, etc . Detachment from overthinking is good. many others too.

get that support!! ❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.