Struggling to deal with the pain of fibromyalgia

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I'm 23 and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia earlier this year but haven't been offered any treatment for it even though I am a single parent instead I was told by several doctors from my local practice that I can only treat it myself by going out more for walks but I'm in too much pain and find it hard to get out of bed some days I don't know what else I can do since it took 12 years for me to get diognosed and then be told there's no help does anyone have any advice of what I can do next or if my local doctor should be offering treatment

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've got used to being treated this way by them since I started going there at 16 I don't know if it's my age or if they treat all fibromyalgia patients like this at my local GP surgery I'm hoping the pain killers will help but if not I'm gonna go to a different place for help and I'm gonna try not to give up

• Posted

Never give up hon. There's a doctor out there somewhere with understanding and compassion and who has taken the time to educate themselves concerning Fibromyalgia. I will say a prayer that God leads you to that special doctor.  💓  Hugs. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.