Struggling to swallow

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I don't have thyroid problems that I know of, but my thyroid feels swollen and the area down the sides hurt to touch. I have also started feeling like I can't swallow as if there is a bubble stopping food and water going down. When this happens I go dizzy and panic that I am going to choke. Do have GERD but this is new and before I go to see my Doc wanted to know if this sounded like my thyroid or something else

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Liver and gall bladder cleanses help with a lot! Look up these cleanses!!!!!, you would be amazed all of the symptoms and illnesses are healed with aiding the liver.

• Posted

I had a similar problem about 4 years ago, my daughter and I were out for lunch and I started to choke and could not breathe, my daughter gave me the Heimlich Manuever and I was OK but after that I was afraid to eat alone because my throat was swollen inside. I had to take very tiny bites to be safe. Then I got Tumeric with piperine and this took the swelling down and I could eat normally again, however I did develop hyperparthyroidism and had surgery to remove the tumor on my parathyroid gland in January 2019. At the time of the surgery the doctor also removed a cyst on my thyroid gland. You need to see your doctor and see if you have high calcium levels, this would indicate that you have hyperparathyroidism , also you could be given ultra sound on your thyroid gland to see how that looks. See your doctor for blood tests also.

• Posted

I have just had a test for thyroid which came back OK but it was near top end so wondering if I could be on verge of getting it, will speak to my GP. Hope you are feeling better now. Take care

• Posted

Here are some symptoms of hypothyroidism (Where your gland is not producing enough thyroxin) hair loss, fatigue and the outer third of your eyebrows loses hair. Hope you get the right kind of help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.