Struggling with anxiety and depression

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm 30 years old and I am on 60 mg of Prozac a day which i have been on 2 years and 4mg diazipan when needed. I have been In such a low mood and my anxiety is so bad so days I can't get out of bed because it's easier not to have to deal with the world i have the skin on my fingers bitten away they are so sore. I can't shake this sad mood at all I think to my self right tomorrow is a new day and i will be more positive but when tomorrow comes its back to square one please any one any advice xxx

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I am 33 yrs old and I'm going thru the same thing you are not alone 

Do you feel like your whole body hurts? Even your breast ? 

That's what I'm going thru.

Try happy thoughts I know it's hard 

Just know that you are not alone 

• Posted

It's so hard you feel like u have no life its like carry so much weight on ur shoulders xx

• Posted

What started all the anixtey off I struggle everyday too I know how hard it is I always have this feeling of nervous in my tummy for no reason at all doc haven’t gave me nothing for my anxiety yet which I want to try get my life back to normal 
    • Posted

I think I have always had it to be honest was always a nervous shy child not really able to make friends. Was really strict about keeping my routines and things in a certain order. I have had CBT b4 which some what helped me but now I feel even worse it feels like I have let every one down coz i am now back to square one xxx
  • Posted

Sorry to hear this . You are only 30 and have your life ahead of you.

Mind my asking if the Prozac ever helped at all?

It is known to cause depression so needs discussing with your dr as he may wish to review this med.  Diazepam.

​If you take it as you need it then this means you are suffering some withdrawal signs and symptoms which may account for the way you are feeling. Pls see your dr or request a telephone consultation at least. There is a lot of support on here..  

• Posted

Yes it did for a while bit I have been on the 60mg now for over 2 years. I was given the diazipan because some times my anxiety is tht bad my hands shake I get all nervous and the doc thought it may help the physical end of my anxiety I am not on these long term just until I see the mental health team my doc said she isn't really in a believer in diazipan as they take the feeling away but it comes back. Xx

• Posted

Hi Deborah. Is there anything that drives you to the point of feeling low? Thoughts? Triggers?
    • Posted

I find organisation and routine is my big ones. Also talking to people I walk away in a nervous wreck thinking I have upset then or said the wrong thing plays on my mind 4 ages xx
  • Posted

I'd get off the prozac and have something newif you feel like that whilst taking a anti depressent then clearly they ain't working love...get your self to a gym excersize is key try meditation I'm not a believer but it worked 4 me...I was in a bad way but now I do believe I'm 99.9 % getting back to being me no waking up with that horrible gut pitt feeling in my stomach as though some 1 has died...I don't take no medication cause I tried sertraline it made me worse I weaned off it s o glad I did..I started making differences in my life decorating my house ..been wanting to do it for 5 years ...going gym been wanting to sign up for years..driving lessons...not obsessing over my weight...letting drama go and not dwelling on it...yeah lots of things...

• Posted

Thank you it's so hard for me to excerise because both my knee caps dislocate all the time xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.