Struggling with bi-lateral adhesive capsulitis - IR injections or Arthoscopic Surgery?

Posted , 4 users are following.

The pain in my right shoulder started May 2018 and continued to get worse. Multiple diagnosis, injections pain medications and PT only for the pain to continue and intensify. Then March 2019 the pain in my left shoulder began and my ability to do the simplest of tasks (putting on a bra, washing my hair, putting on deodorant, sleeping..) became impossible or took so MUCH time that they leave me completely exhausted.By summer end, my 3rd Orthopedic Doctor diagnosed me with bi-lateral adhesive capsulitis. I have received 4 cortisone shots and 1 IR injection in my right shoulder and will receiving my second IR injection on this week. The left shoulder has only received 1 IR injection. Has anyone else had IR Injections and have they worked for a prolonged period of time? If this IR injection does not work, I will be moving forward with arthoscopic shoulder surgery in January. Has anyone had success with arthoscopic surgery?

I am very glad to have found this group -- it helps to read my experiences in so many of your stories and to know that I am not alone.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Jeanne, I am sorry to hear about your shoulder issue. I had arthroscopic shoulder surgery in May, 2018 on my left shoulder. After the surgery I went for PT for about 10 months. Right now I have no issue with this side but lately experiencing similar problem with right shoulder having difficulty sleeping at night and dressing up. Cortisone injection on my left shoulder was not helpful at all but I will say that surgery helped but PT is the key to success of surgery. Good luck.

• Posted

i too have two frozen shoulders, left arm has been frozen for 1 year now but thankfully getting more movement but a very slow process! Right arm freezing and absolute agony , had one cortizone injection which helped the pain down arm and i am now waiting to have an ultra sound guided hydrodillitation injection to hopefully ease the pain. Have decided against surgery as read that shoulder can freeze up again.

i feel your pain! at night and in the morning especially. i get straight into a hot bath with essential oils when i get up which eases pain, getting dressed is excruciating and cant get a bra on no matter which way i try and use a product called Dynamint on shoulders through the day and night which is the only thing that helps (and its natural!)

I hope the operation helps you.

• Posted

i had left frozen shoulder in 2018. lasted for 1 year, no sleeping for me.

i finally got better after taking cbd oil.

i cant stress how this oil changed my life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.