Struggling With Depression

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. This is the first time Iv done anything like this but iv been told it might help. Iv had depression now for many years and iv been on all sorts of medication and therapies. A few months ago i decided to wean myself off them and it was going really well until things at work started getting very stressful. I started over thinking and worrying bout everything. I cried every day and it got so bad i stopped eating as i felt so bad. I felt worthless all the time and was really paranoid and angry. Iv now been put on new medication and been referred for councelling but i really want to get better and stop making my partner miserable. I hate that he feels more like my carer at the moment than my fiancee. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stephanie.

you sound like me, I have just done the same. Found a job , got stressful

and. Can't cope, stopped eating properly lost 9ib in weight. Felt so weak and tearful

as I use to take fluxetine but came off them gradually. As I didn't like the person I became, I didn't feel emotion and no feelings. I became detached if you know what I mean. So now I just off sick for a week to think , I know we need the money, but I can't cope with people telling me what to do. 

So I m just taking 1 day at a time. Hoping things will improve. By the way I'm eating 

now .so should you treat yourself to foods you like be good to yourself. X

• Posted

Hi. I am eating but i feel bad everytime i do so sometimes i dont eat until very late in the evening. Even then i dont feel hungry. I think in a way im using it as a way to take some control of my life.
    • Posted

Hi Stephanie,

why do you feel bad when you eat ? Is it because it makes you feel 

sick or cos of guilty your enjoying it. Try and eat some fruit it tastes good and light.  But build up or complan which is a vitamin and mineral light snack, a powder you make lovely flavours into milkshake my fav is choc. They do help. Cos I find my appetite isn't very good at mo.this helps.

i think the mind is very complex and doing little tasks each day helps.

even cooking like something you fancy to eat. X

• Posted

Stephanie.

Depression is a lonely,isolating place even when we have people around us. We feel every emotion with it,fear,sadness,guilt and anger. Your husband is at your side because he loves and values you. Please do not feel guilt that for a little while you need him and rely on him.

I am pretty certain that at times throughout your marriage that you have cared  for him and kept everything going. We do that out if love,not out of responsibility.

In time you will get better but for now be patient and gentle with yourself. Do what you can but don't overwhelm yourself. Keep as stress free as possible even if that means that your hubby has to hold the reins for a while. That's what partnerships are about. You can show your gratitude as your mood improves but for now,just take it easy and allow yourself time to heal xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.