Struggling with finding a doctor who will carefully look at my medical history&me as a whole person

Posted , 3 users are following.

47 yo female. In 2002 was diagnosed with intermittent 3rd degree heart block (LBBB) and had pacer implanted. Over the years, worsening symptoms, never feeling better. In 2011 a new doc said I was misdiagnosed and didn't have heart block, so I had pacer removed in 2015, (4 wire fragments left behind). Last year or so I started feeling bad again. Learned today I have wide QRS complex (LBBB) and it's been showing up that way on EKG for many years, prior to ever having pacer and still now. Also learned I have three murmurs, one of which is a triscuspid valve regurgitation (damage from pacer). Today's doc was fourth I've seen since 2002. I have no trust in any of them and do not know what to think or expect. Waiting to have echo, stress test and will wear an event monitor for one month. Anyone care to offer advice, possible diagnosis, explanation? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Wow Rory that's full on to have a pacemaker fitted and then be told you don't need it I have a pacemaker and deffebulator inserted in 2014 and it took me such a long time to get used to it I also have a Lbbb do you get strange looks from doctors when they do ecg 

• Posted

I used to get strange looks,  yes. Mostly I was looked at funny when I was in my early 30's and sitting in the waiting room for a pacemaker check-up because I was always youngest in room. I had an echo today and was fitted with a holter monitor. Echo was overall good. All valves looked good, even my tricuspid valve which leaks some due to old pacer wires still being in there which cause valve flap to not close completely. Heart muscle overall is strong and healthy appearing. Just waiting to see how many PVC's I have and then possibly why and if it will need treated with medication. Still feeling nervous due to all I've been through but trying to learn to relax and accept I might just be sensitive and can feel what others can't, which is unusual but not necessarily a health concern. Won't know anything more until after stress echo scheduled for 11/20 and I wear  this monitor until first week of December. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.