Struggling with ibs, I don't know what to do

Posted , 7 users are following.

For quite some time now, I have experienced terrible ibs which sets in after eating many different meals. Sometimes my stomach flares up before I have even finished a meal causing me great pain. I have also been suffering with wind and acid alongside a slightly coated tongue, which is making me very concious. I have gone to several doctors who have pescribed me medication such as colofac which didn't help. After stool tests the doctor's found nothing and said its just ibs. After visiting a homeopathic doctor who diagnosed me with candida overgrowth (which I did see some sense in because of other symptoms such as a coated tongue) I tried a yeast free diet for 2 weeks and couldn't stick to it after no improvements. I just don't know what it is or what to do. Does it sound like some digestion issue that is causing the ibs, wind and coated tongue? or is it candida?(I am unsure about this as candida has mixed opinions whether it even exists or not) I am yet to recieve a clear answer. Thanks for any help you can give. smile

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You could try the low fodmap diet for ibs or it worked for me but it's a way of life I've been in it 18 months now and no symptoms unless I eat inadvertently apart from some lpr which is acid x 
  • Posted

Just a tip:

From the Brazilian Journal of Micobiology: (2009 Publication of Sociedade Brasileria de Microbiologia)

Japan patented yogurt “yakult lb”

20 day consumption reduced species albicans by 65%. Therefore a substantial improvement. Perhaps

with a candida diet, along with a wide spectrum probiotic may increase the %. Since the trial was only 20 days, could be complete eradication at some point down the road? Have some patience...know its not so easy.

If, the yakult lb is not available, ask you pharmacist for advice for a possible alternative.

They have access to this study:” influence of probiotics on candida presence and 1gA Anti-candida

in the oral cavity”. as well as several other studies.

Lastly, The alternative, would be a specific diagnosis by your MD, and if positive, there are several antifungal

Drugs such as vancomycin, and several of the “zoles”..but your md would know which specific Med to use based on fungal species.

Claudio

• Posted

If my previous post does not get published (usually within a day), anyone can pm me for the info.

I’ve by habit listed a product, primary scientific source, a specific med if dx’d positive..

Claudio

• Posted

I have an appointment with a professional to see if I have any digestion issues, however I am going to give the candida diet another shot. Worst way nothing will happen and I can rule out candida and I may loose some weight or feel better for it anyway! Thanks again, I'll report back in the future. smile
  • Posted

Firstly Candida overgrowth definitely exists, in fact candida when it takes hold is called 'the silent killer' Many practitioners tend not to accept it and it's very hard to control and illuminate.

Google the book (pdf version)

Bernard Jensen Tissue Cleansing Through Bowel Management

You will find a wealth of information about colonic irrigation which will help you with your IBS also it will show how to irradiate candida overgrowth.

• Posted

cure zone also has this free....I've "scanned it briefly...pretty much oK except Iridology...I'm a full blooded skeptic...and the diets? partially ok and some not so..physiology good stuff.

Modulating or rebooting the digestive system does not need "drastic" measures, diet, time, patience in most

patients that are not autoimmune or with other disorders.

Re yeast infections..I've only one personal but serious experience with a family member female 80, given Clostridium Difficle by the Hosptial Medical team. With much debate with the assigned Medical Gastroentroligist and my GP I chose to follow my personal GP's advice. With one medication and a lot of diet, patiece, and the discipline not to allow "some" advice. It took a week to stop the very painful big mucus discharge which was occuring every 30 minutes. She began to good improvement in 10 days, and then over the next 2 months, she re established homeostasis. And lived pretty much OK till age 97, passed away during her sleep.Her portrait and that of her mom are on my mantel.

claudio

• Posted

What's your current status with IBS? Claudio

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.