Struggling with mental and physical health for a while now.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

I have been struggling with my mental health for a while now and it's gotten worse now that I have some physical challenges.

I started having lower back pain when I was 15 that made it hard for me to do simple things like walk and stay sat down for more than a few minutes as well as fall asleep.

As a result I started having sleeping issues, I was in my last year of secondary school and the stress of school, the pain and no sleep Aswell as conflict at home was a lot to deal with. I went to a professional they told me I probably had some inflammation and they gave me some medication. it helped take the pain away for a while but the pain would come and go. I started trying to make changes to my lifestyle I started working out eating healthier but the pain got worse in my back. I was demotivated after this time period. I'd also like to mention that I have trouble gaining muscle and I'm not sure for what reason this is. a year later I started getting pain in my knees, it felt like whenever my legs where bent they were being strained. it was so uncomfortable and the pain kept increasing what was worse was this sound I heard whenever I bend or flex my knee it's nit just a click but a sort of squishy sound. it became so bad that I had trouble standing for more than a few minutes I took painkiller tried cold packs hot packs yoga and it just got worse and worse. I was barely sleeping at night as every position was painful. I went abroad to visit family and on my stay I visited a health professional. I did some x-rays and they told me that my spine was not straight. it was misaligned and so they said the pressure of my body leaning more so to one side was causing the problem. after seeing the scans it made sense to me. I realised that my posture was very bad and that I was habitually caving in and I noticed I would have to adjust my clothing at the shoulders because they would slip down on one side, I was also given special insoles to help with the alignment issue. soon after hearing this I started to pay attention to my posture and that is when my back started hurting. my knees were still in pain but my back was worse. it was a pain that felt like between my shoulder blades. it was so painful and it still is. after I came back from abroad I went to my local clinic and told them what was wrong. the man said that it was normal for spine to not he Completely straight and he'd give me some physiotherapy exercises to do and hopefully that would help the pain. it did not. now currently the pain is in my back, shoulders and neck (all areas around my spine) my knees are also painful but not as much as my back and the sound in my knee is getting worse. I feel so confused as to what the actual problem is and how I can fix it effectively and without further injury. I want be able to have a comfortable night's sleep and feel my age. I'm 20 years old and I'd like to improve my health. my mental health is also a struggle for my everyday and this physical pain is not helping my situation. I hope I can get some insight and advice from anyone willing to read my story. thankyou so much if you made it this far!

• May

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.