Struggling with Sertraline 3.5 weeks in

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey all, firstly, apologies for the long post! Just wanted to get some advice/reassurance. I am on sertraline 3.5 weeks now for severe anxiety which came from a bad bout of prolonged gastroenteritis and then gastritis followed. I worried out of my mind for the two weeks I had it thinking it was something serious! I was always a natural health worrier but this seems to have drove me over the edge. The first week was absolute hell with overwhelming butterflies/fluttering in my chest so I couldnt sleep, instant morning nausea and some times vomiting, shaking, sweating palms etc. I then seem to have picked up throughout the second week, I could start my new job and although i would have a few wobbles throughout the day I could control them and came out of them ok and the past week I've been able to go to bed and fall asleep fine. Although I wake up at 5:30 every single morning for some reason and feel sick/gag, it does pass. However, I was on omeprazole since having the gastritis 7 weeks ago and havent taken it in two days because I thought I didnt need it anymore. Ive woken up this morning as usual with the nausea but this time I cant shake it! I vomited the water I drank (I had an empty stomach) and it tasted very sour with little foamy white bits (TMI I KNOW). I know sertraline is known to be harsh on the stomach and the fact I actually had gastritis before this so wondering if this is because i came off my omeprazole for 2 days. Naturally feeling this way is setting me back this morning because it has put me into panic mode and I'm starting to feel weak/dizzy/dry mouth/butterflies in stach and chest because I have had this set back eventhough I am already on 3.5 weeks of sertraline 😦 Can anyone offer reassurance that it will take longer to work? In my head it should be working and I shouldn't have a good week followed by a really bad two days. All reassurance welcome as I have a 1.5 year old and 3.5 year old who need their Mammy back right!!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.