Struggling with withdrawal from zyprexa

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am struggling so much and don't know what to do? It seems impossible to get off this med. Zyprexa! Some days are so bad! The Doc. Who had me on it, Never took me off it slowly! She only prescribed 20 mg. Even when I was trying to get off it! Why? I can not find anyone that can help me so far. And I don't feel comfortabl going back to her! Some days are hell! So sick to my stomach and have had diarrhea ever day since I took my last pill. Parinora and so much Physical pain its horrible ! Does anyone know what I can do to make this easier?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If you stopped less than fifteen days , take 1 mg of zyprexa every day for a month.Once you feel good, start tapering.see surviving antidepressants org forum for zyprexa tapering tips.

• Posted

Hi Nancy, how long were you taking Zyprexa for? Were you started on a lower dose that gradually built up to 20 mg? If so, over what time period? How long have you been going cold turkey? Did YOUR DOCTOR advise you to just stop from 20 mg to nothing? I really hope you feel better do and seek advise from sensible sources they do exist, good advise from apu91247 surviving antidepressants forum. Best wishes, you can recover, it takes time. Sid 
  • Posted

Hi Nancy, many people have struggled with getting off. You have to decrease the dose very very slowly. There are some previous posts if no one writes on with specific instructions on how to decrease.

This drug is extremely physically addictive and can result in a ton of health problems and massive weight gain while you’re on it, as well as cardiac arrest if you stop it cold turkey.

• Posted

I went through the Sam thing. I only took it for 3 months. How long did you take it, and how long have you been off it?  I only took 1mg and couldn’t take it. 
  • Posted

I was on it for 20years. After a while I started cutting them in half! But would get so sick! I would end up going back on it! Nobody every tried to give me less! It was only after them trying me on a new med. That I realized where have I Been all these years? I was so much more aware! Anyway after reading about the med. I Took myself off it! But I am so sick! I feel like I am going crazy! And I am in so much pain! It really is one day at a time! Some days are awful! I take some Xanax When things get unbearable! But other than that I just try to hang in there oh and I have vary Low blood pressure? What does that mean?
    • Posted

I’ve been raking my mother to acupuncture regularly dince she went off this crappy drug that nearly killed her, both while on it and going off. Docs took her off cold turkey and she had all sorts health problems.

The acupuncture has been super helpful!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.